Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stock 2wd ride height?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BRN78BLAZER, May 27, 2003.

1. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

I've been looking at quite a few 2wd trucks lately, and noticed that most of them sit as high or just a bit higher than mine, and they've all had 235/75/r15's whereas mine has 31"'s on it. So obviously I would think mine would sit higher. Mine has the origional springs and shocks, I'm not sure about these other trucks except they do have the stock type springs and shocks(no lift)But could be new springs.

Does anyone know what the maximum height for a stock 1/2ton 2wd would be? I could get aroundd 3" more out of mine before the suspension has no down travel. Going on this what would a be safe amount of lift? Its my thought that It would ride harsh with little droop, and damage the rear shocks as well.
    Anythoughts are appreciated, -Steve-

2. prerunner1982

prerunner1982 1/2 ton status

stock ride hieght depends on spring rate and number of leaves in the back. i cant imagine a truck with 235s being higher than one with 31"s.. something is up with your truck... lol

as far as how much lift, with the right parts i could get upwards of 7 or 8"s.. but they no longer make the parts for that. (lift spindles).. though you can convert 88-98 chevy spindles. so figure 3" spindle, 3" coil, maybe coil spacer, longer upper and lower arms.. i use to want alot of lift for bigger tires, but part of the whole prerunner is not lift but suspension travel, most race prerunners sit low, but have 20+" of travel. i am not saying alittle lift is bad. with fiberglass fenders and lift you could run 38"+ tires. hell Michael runs 35"s at stock hieght with just 'glass fenders.

3. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Actually i took it down to the car lot, parked next to a 79 sb with 235's and mine does sit higher /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif, It's just when I look at them seperatly it appears mine sat lower. An optical illusion I guess /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. it sat an inch higher in the front and an inch and a half higher in the back, So I'm just gonna leave it for now.