Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stock 400 small block, untouched ,in NJ, $500

Discussion in 'Engine | Tranny | T-case' started by crossy, Nov 30, 2005.

1. crossy

crossy 1/2 ton status

1973 -400 -2-Bolt small block, dated A-18-73 , from a 73 Caprice. all stock and never been apart, other than when I pulled the pan to verify 2 bolt bottom end,( better than a 4 bolt). It is a #3951511 block casting with CSA code. Complete from 2 bbl. intake down to the stock balancer & oil pan.. Had not been run in years, but was filled to top with oil and turns over freely.Was pulled years ago as a good running engine, I ran it on my test stand for a few seconds this week, but oil is spewing out of the rear main seal. no noises.Mileage ? can't remember. selling as rebuildable core. very hard to find one all together that has not been jacked with anymore. I'm sure when I finally hurt my 400 block I'll be sorry I sold it ,but I need the floor space.$500.oo or will trade for smaller, sellable musclecar or hotrod parts, no junk.
    No I don't want to sell just the block. it goes complete.
    DAVE, 856-678-7883 before 9:30 PM.
    In Pennsville, N.J. only 5 minutes from base of Delaware Bridge.
    I'm quite capable of strapping securely to a pallet , for another $30, and delivering to a shipping depot in New Castle Delaware or Wilmington. There are quite few shipping companies over there. Shipping arrangements would be on you.

2. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Not to be an a$$, but a 4 bolt main block is stonger than a 2 bolt. Thats why people looking to make a ton of horsepower look for 4 bolt mains because they can stand up to more power. This is still a good deal, as 400's are potent motors. Bump.
    -Harrison

3. Mat Boardway

Mat Boardway Registered Member

The 2 bolt 400 blocks are the ones most desired. 4 bolt blocks have bolts going throught the webbing making them weaker.

Mat

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

and you can make them the splyed 4 bolt main with aftermarket caps. cant do it with the 4 bolt factorys. and 2 bolt and cast parts are good up to 500 hp with all parts built to spec with proper work.

5. bigarmzz

bigarmzz 1/2 ton status

man dave, you've always got good stuff....

i wish you werent so far away :rolleyes:

maybe i should just start givin ya $25 a pay check for stuff i "might" need in the future :haha:

6. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Any idea what shipping would be to 92020(SoCal)? I think the 350 in my blazer took a crap and this might be a nice one to build up for it.

7. crossy

crossy 1/2 ton status

SOLD please delete. DAVE