Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stock '86 Truck T-Case

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bga, Jun 14, 2004.

1. bga

bga Registered Member

Stock \'86 Truck T-Case

I'm wondering what the stock T-Case was in an '86 1/2 Ton Truck. All I know about it at this point is that it's a pert time setup.

I'm getting the cab from this truck so I might as well grab the T-Case if it'll work under my '76.

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

Re: Stock \'86 Truck T-Case

its a 208, you will need drive shafts for it. you either have a 203(auto) or 205(manual). if you have a manual or th400 it wont even fit. you will need longer output shaft if you have a th350.

3. bga

bga Registered Member

Ok, gotcha. As usual, about 10 minutes after I posted this I found out what T-Case it was, however I didn't find any info on what would have to be modded for it to work.

I'm guessing the driveshafts would need to be changed because of yokes?

As far as the longer output shaft goes, do you know of any sites where I could research on these?

Thanks!

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

you should have a yoke front output, and the 208 only came with a flange, not sure if they can be swaped. the rear of the 208 is a slip yoke, and yours is a fixed.

i dont know of any sites that have the different lenghts listed.

me personaly i would just leave the one you have in it or get the same tcase, they are stronger and require less work to swap them.