Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stock bench seat, and radiator hose neck size ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by R72K5, Nov 25, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

hmm,... ok having not such a good day today, hmm.. well just now was leaving and got to end of driveway and theres a big dip at end of it where meets third street because the stupid street is badly crowned from being paved over brick a million times since way back early 1900's and well when i went over through the dip and up onto street it somehow caused my top rad hose to fall down and let fan blades nail it and chew it up, so i went to grab another hose from pile of hoses and harnesses and junk that i have and well none of them have small enough radiator neck end to fit the 4 core radiator, the freakin 4 core rad neck is same small tiny diameter as the 2 core replacement one was that was in the truck when i got it, all the hoses i have in my pile are too large end for the dang radiator,

what is going on with that ? the radiator is replacement four core that i took from a '74 camper c20 454 auto truck, the hose is original to truck for the replacement 2 core that was in it, engine '83 350 4bbl and 465 trans and no a/c
    what is up with rad neck sizes being different so many times ?

also the stock vinyl bench seat in the 83 i just removed and put in an 81 or 82 stock cloth K10 bench seat because i cant stand vinyl and sitting on it, its too damn cold in winter and hot in summer and rips bad and is junk anyways cept upper half is great shape.

well with the cloth bench seat int he truck now the frotn of botom of bench where the back of your knees sit at is way up too high makes it hard to push clutch and stuff, i have really long legs i am tall skinny, i sit way down into back part of lower part of seat and kneees way up too high
    is there soem difference from 81-87 in the bench seat from auto tranny to manual tranny or something ?

the back of bench needs to be shimmed upwards at least 1", if not 2" to get it level and so back of knees arent down on front part of lower half of bench so bad.

i run into the craziest problems it seems like

thanks for anything on either problem

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

On my 83 I have the big radiator and my hose is slightly bigger than the water neck and hose bibb on radiator. This really isnt a big deal, I have tried gates , goodyear and other hoses and all seal up fine when you use the screw clamps and tighten them down. As for your seats I don't know, you'll just have to go to a yard and measure some.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    As for your seats I don't know, you'll just have to go OUT INTO YOUR yard and measure some.

[/ QUOTE ]

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I meant 'yard as in junkyard, unless anyone on this forum has some to measure.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

The guy that started the thread has more chevy trucks in his hard than he does blades of grass. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i wish i did, if the city would have let me then id have all of them that ive drug to here since 1994, im guessing around 60 now from 67-up, and same amount or more of cars and other models like vans, duallies, etc.

problem is that cant keep them, only some parts of them, but i used ot completely strip and cut every one of them up, so i used to have billions of parts anything from hoods to trim screws.

thanks

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

ok, i took upper hose off the 84 k10 with original 305 in it and it fits the four core in the 83 from the 74 c20 i took it from perfectly!

crazy.,,.,,.. and the original 2 core in the 83 it also fit perfectly too, extremely small diameter hose/neck size, which seems crazy...

humm

also the seat i put into the 83 is actually 81-87 style i could tell by looking and seeing that the tracks are not 73-80 style like the oens on the 76 seat i took out of the 76 dually before it went to scrap, so i was like well damn what the h#ll is going on here, so i said heck with it and swapped the original tracks off the 83 seat onto the 81-up seat i havew in the 83 now and now the seat sits in the cab correctly or damn near close to it,

i dont get it ???/

humm..

oh well.

all is well now

thanks