Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stock console for Box??

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Itali83, Jul 24, 2001.

1. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

Any one made a box out of the stock colsole between the seats??? I like the idea of a sub for punch, but don't want to take up ANY space. I don't listen to rap or anything so I just want some punch. Would it work out??
    Ben 87 jimmy
    <font color=blue>Rust=bad</font color=blue>

2. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

Thar's a great idea! 10 incher might fit in back of console,just don't remember any subs that work ok in small box... I would use MDF or similar where to install sub,a few layers of fiberglass inside of console,couple of struts and thats it.

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Sealing it up tightly and keeping it from buzzing and rattling would be the hardest part. Do you still want to have access to the inside of the console to store stuff? If not, I'd say seal up that door and re-inforce the heck out of the rest of it. By the time you were done prepping it, I'd guess you'd have about a 1 cubic foot enclosure...probably pretty decent for either an 8" or a 10" sub.

It would be funny to see the drinks in the cupholders having the same "special effect" as the initial T-Rex scene in Jurassic Park....you know, where the cup of water on the dash was vibrating?!!? [​IMG]

-Greg72

4. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

i had a system that would do that... I keep change in the ash tray and whenever i turned it up i had to close it or the change would come out of it and all over the floor.. i miss that system... oh well.... STILL designing my next system.. .

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]

5. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

Yea, I was still hoping to store some stuff in there, but it probally wouldn't be enough room for a sub to really sound good.. Hhhhmmmm..... Still an Idea for the future. Any more info would be a help. Thanks a ton guys!!!
    Ben 87 Jimmy
    <font color=blue>Rust=Bad</font color=blue>

6. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

look into 8" subs, my first truck I had 2 8's and was pretty happy with it, not gonna rattle the mirrors off but you can get a little more of that deep sound your looking for and wouldn't take up near as much space in the console.

Like em big and topless