Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stock Exhaust Vs. Headers... question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PhoenixZorn, Apr 5, 2005.

1. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

The shop where my truck is being serviced said the headers don't come down at the same angle as the stock exhaust manifolds... how much work is it for them to get the pipes connected to the muffler tubes? They are making it sound like a big deal, but the headers are longer than the original manifolds, and it seems to me they'd be able to angle cut the muffler tubes and just bolt them up to the headers with the provided hardware....

Is it more complicated than that?

2. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

whats on there now? stock y pipe? even so, they can cut the y pipe or any other pipe back and ben in new pipe. 100 bucks seems fair for that to me

3. PhoenixZorn

no.. it had dual exhaust, and they said the original manifold came down at a shallower angle than the headers do, so it was more of a straight line... they say that have to add more tube to connect up to the headers, which really makes no sense since the headers are longer than the stock manifolds.

4. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

yeha, but they will cut whats there now and re flare new ends to match accordingly. did you get a quote on it? dont let them shaft you.

i just watched the guy do mine. he actually let me help, and it took about 20 minutes.

find out how much

5. PhoenixZorn

yep... I don't think it will cost any more than $100.... they are already making a boat load on me, they don't need to rip me off any more