Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stock exhuast for 86 pickup?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Oct 7, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

did any of these trucks come with a dual exhuast..probobly not right? i have headers with duals..but its a cob jobbed setup..and i dont have the $ for custom pipes.so i wanna put some stock manifolds on it and stock exhuast...that goes over the t-case/tranny crossmember like its suppost to and everything..wear coudl i find this..? and will any stock pipes bolt up to headers or would any set of header need custom bent pipes?

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

What kind of headers do you have? Dynomax makes a kit for header duals.

They also make a manifold kit.

Only Diesels came with stock duals.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

If you find a decent shop (and the headers are worth anything) you can probably get duals run for about the cost of going back to stock. Either that or larger single exhaust.

I can't imagine getting RID of headers unless you had to for emissions reasons, but thats a personal opinion.

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i dont really want to either..i beileve they are dynomaxes..ill look into the dual kit..the truck came with dynomax mufflers to but the exhuast was bent up by a midas. and they did a piss poor job in my opinion. most of the exhuast hangs below the frame rail for cryin out loud!!whats the point of having that ground clearnece if ur exhuast is just going to ruin it..i mean it does the job and stays in there good but its way to far down.

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

That's why I'm doing the exhaust work myself. May not be able to bend stuff, but if I need it bent, I'll figure out a way to do it.

Not happy with most exhaust jobs I see...bad bends, bad clearance, bad hangers.

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I have brought bent wire into a custom exaust shop and had them make me pipes that matched the wire. Then installed it myself at home. It works good when you have a full size truck with plenty of clearance but can be a big pain putting dual exhaust on a V8 S15 Jimmy...

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea when they bent my pipes they put fricken nasty kinks in the pipes to /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif exhuasts im picky about..i like them nice and tight and up wear they belong..not saggin..kinda like women /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    i like them nice and tight and up wear they belong..not saggin..kinda like women /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    What are you doing looking at your mom for anyway /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What are you doing looking at your mom for anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

emmmm NO!? my mom has nothing to do with this /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif