Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stock front brake lines

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by 69K5, Apr 16, 2004.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

stock front brake lines for a d44. the cheaper the better.

thanks

69k5

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

this is easy one for sure, jsut go to auto zone or napa or equivalent, they sell lengths of 3/16" and larger lines with the threaded fittings and all on them, the fittings on these lines they have usually always have the right size and threads for the older gm trucks before '88(if not later years also i dont know when GM changed ot metric on RWD and trucks) im sure

im pretty sure 4x4 front are 3/16" just like they are on front 2wd and '60's/'70's cars at the very minimum

the stores sell several lengths of various sizes of SAE sized steel brake tubing, very inexpensive, way less than 5 bucks a piece for all of them cept maybe the longest one or two possibly,

and if you rent the SAE(3/16" on up) double flaring tool kit at auto zone for free or wherever you can then you can change length and also swap the threaded fittings for the original ones if you need to, if are in good shape still anyways. ive done it that way many times, never had any problems ever and is easy to do youre done in a matter of minutes.

use big channel locks or something similar to crank the flaring tool clamp block shaft handle tight so that the tubing wont slip on you, sometimes they dont grab the tubing so well

good luck

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

Randy

sorry i meant the rubber ones. im trying to get it moving withthe 4 wheel discs and need 2 mor lines. just didnt want to pay 18 dollars apiece for em.

and your right it 3/16 on the hard line which i will be replacing as well.

thanks

69k5

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

nobody has any laying around after there lift?

5. mxrcr589

mxrcr589 1/2 ton status

i got some stock brake lines from my 90 k5 , (10bolt) i think they are the same, less than a year old $20 to your door

6. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

any one knoe if the 10 bolt is the same? if they are ill take em.

69k5

7. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Wish I would have read this earlier, cut mine up yesterday when I took them off because I didn't think any one would need them.

8. mxrcr589

mxrcr589 1/2 ton status

They will work with 2 slight modifications, you have to ream out the brake line hose end that mounts to the caliper and you have to shorten the banjo bolt 1/8". 10bolt calipers are 10mm and D44 calipers are 7/16"

-------------------- that is what someone told me

9. sr175

sr175 Registered Member

Last post is right. The part that bolts on to the caliper has a larger opening on the dana 44. I just upgraded from a 10 bolt to a D44 and had to buy new lines.

10. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    They will work with 2 slight modifications, you have to ream out the brake line hose end that mounts to the caliper and you have to shorten the banjo bolt 1/8". 10bolt calipers are 10mm and D44 calipers are 7/16"

-------------------- that is what someone told me

[/ QUOTE ]

i appreciate the offer but ill have to say no. the brakes are one thing I dont modify. too much riding on em for mew to screw em up.

thanks anyway /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    nathan