Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stock Front Tow Hooks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Panther, Jan 5, 2001.

1. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Hey everybody!

I have been busting my rear end getting together recovery equipment so I don't have to sit in water for 15 minutes again [​IMG].

And I have a question about the front stock tow hooks. Is it better to tow with a strap hooked directly to one. Or is it better to run something (chain?) between them and tow from the center of that? Just curious. Gotta get some chain anyway, just wondering if I should be using it there.

And I really wanna start setting up straps before I go onto the trails so they're there when I need them. That's easy enough in the back, but if I hook onto one of the stock tow hooks (pending the above question), how do I keep the strap on the hook while I am wheelin?

Thanks as always!

<font color=blue>"You call it clearance, I call it head room." [​IMG]</font color=blue>

2. NYC K5

NYC K5 1/2 ton status

why not weld the chain to the tow hooks that way you can pull from the center or pull from the hooks plus you dont have to worry about them falling off, they will rattle on the road though. i found that when you are pulling through deep rutts such as snow and mud you want to pull from the center but if your hung up on someting its better to pull off center, but thats just my opinion.

3. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

try hooking them up and wraping the strap around the bumper.
    what about getting a winch? thats an awesome piece of recovery equipment.

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter