Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stock fuel inj. with a 388 stroker

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bushmaster, Jun 2, 2003.

1. bushmaster

bushmaster 1/2 ton status

hey every 1 great site i am building a 88 blazer frame off rebuild and swapping in drive train from 85 p u.ive got alot of question heres the first;will stock injection work with a 388 stroker est 350 horse 400 lbs torque?cam will be mild tourge cam probably one of comps ext 4x4 cams.is there any thing that should be upgraded or should i just stay carburated?ive built alot of vehicles this is first E>F>I job thanks for info tranny questions soon to follow /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. MousePowrd

MousePowrd 1/2 ton status

You should take the time and expense and have a custom chip burned for it, and it should work fine. EFI beats the carb every time!

3. MousePowrd

Oh yeah I would spring for a 454 throttle body and adapter plate, so you are sure you will not choke off that stroker /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

You can use the stock 1 11/16" TB but you wont be able to build much over 300 Hp. You need the bigger 454 TB as said in above post. Also watch what cam you use. You will need a custom chip burned for cams with over 212 degrees duration.
    Talk to these guys:http://www.turbocity.com
    They sell all kinds of TBI performance upgrades for the stock GM system(the best TBI made) including custom chips.

5. bushmaster

emailed turbo city 3 days ago no reply any where else i can get info?

6. MousePowrd

I think Arizona Speed and Marine could help you out

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

howell-efi.com They do custom stuff

customfits.com I never delt with this guy but herd he was good and the price is right. lots of info/links on his site.

These guys can burn good custom/stock chips for most any stock/modified GM V8 engine: fastchip.com

8. Nrose07

Nrose07 1/2 ton status

Well assuming a 85% volumetric efficency and 5,500 Rpm your stock TBI (520 CFM) Will Work! So what are your cam, heads, compression, and how high are you going to spin this motor, its in a blazer so unless its for 100% mud or sand, your not going to need a BB TBI. Get a edelbrock TBI intake, and if you do get a BB TBI have the throttle bores, bored out to 1 1/16" so you don't have a flow restriction. Don't waste your time with the stock intake manifold, or using a adapter for the BB TBI. And spend the extra money and don't get a Holley 670BB TBI, injectors leak.

9. bushmaster

mild torqu cam comp cam 262 thinking of swapping it for a larger comp extreme 4x4 cam 202-160 world producs sr torquer heads9.75 comp 2.5"duals crossover pipe flowmasters nothing higher than 5000 rpm