Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

????Stock gauges????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by grtwhite, Apr 7, 2003.

1. grtwhite

grtwhite 1/2 ton status

My volt & temp guages seem to have a short in them or a bad ground? They both pulse when I put on the turn signal. The temp gauge rises when the headlights and or heater are turned on. Seems like it might be a bad ground, any ideas where to look for the ground wires under the dash?? Anyone run into this problem before? Thanks for the help! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. noJeepshere

noJeepshere I Drive Trains! Premium Member

i think the best way to fix this problem would be to redo the wriring to the gauges. i just converted from idiot lights to factory gauges and the oil pressure didnt work. checked and checked and scratched my head and cursed(not good with electronics) took it to the local 4x shop and had it done in two hours. what he did was tore the old wiring out and wired each one to the plugin on the back of the dash so that they are all indepentdent. they are still on the same ground. that is what i think you should do with yours. solve your problem like that. good luck man
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif