Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stock jack

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NEK5, May 20, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Oct 25, 2005
    is the jack that was in the engine compartment.....anyone need it?15 plus shipping

EDIT- oops should be in for sale forum....sorry mods

Picture 162.jpg
  2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Jul 24, 2003

I dont need it..but I wish I had it a few months ago..heres a story for ya..BTW--1000 posts already??? :eek1: :wink1:

I was going up Rt 495 to bring my sister home to Lunenburg Ma..got almost to the rt.62 exit,when my truck starts squirming like crazy..I slow down,and the right rear tire is flat!..I limp over to the breakdown lane,and empty EVERYTHING in the cab into the bed,to retrieve my hydraulic bottle jack from behind the seats,and the lug wrench,etc..I put the jack under the axle,wont go--its lower with a flat than the jack is completely compressed..I got so pissed I jammed it under there and PUSHED the truck up onto it!..

Then I start pumping the handle..the jack goes up about 1",then stops!..the fluid apparently leaked some while it was tipped sideways behind the seat..so it wont pump up any higher..I had NO oil with me of any kind..:doah:

So,I ended up driving it away with a flat tire,over 1-1/2 miles to the nearest gas station on rt 62!...there I buy a quart of 10-30 oil and filled my jack up,and changed the tire in the parking lot..a guy in a Saab pulls in next to me--his front tire is hissing and nearly flat too!..we both had the same type of nails in our tires,so apparently someone dumped a load of nails on the highway..:mad: --my tire was TOAST,and I was amazed the slotted mag rim was not damaged--tire was shredded on the sidewalls like you read about!..

I was very PO'd,but what really frosted my A$$ was when I was getting back into my truck,I suddenly remember the STOCK jack,just like yours in the picture,AND its handle,were bolted in the OEM location on the passenger side inner fender,all along..probably hasn't been used once since 1979!..:doah: DERRRR!!!..:( ..
  3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Nov 29, 2001

sounds like you need a hi lift jack now.... :crazy:
  4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Dec 13, 2000
    From my experience they are good jacks. Slow yes, but all mechanical and work when you need them to, unlike cheap bottle jacks after two years behind the seat. :) (BTDT myself)

For folks with huge tires, they don't work, but works fine with my 33's, especially for emergencies!