Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stock q-jet aluminum manifold or Edelbrock performer?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k3500crewcab, Mar 25, 2002.

1. k3500crewcab

k3500crewcab Newbie

I just bought a GM crate engine for my 86 K3500 and I'm trying to decide what intake manifold to put on it. The only real peformance mod it's going to have right now is headers.
    I would like to change the cam but since it has a warranty I don't want to mess with the internals until that expires.
    The real question is does the performer give up any torque below 3000 rpm? I need all the torque I can get. Are there any other manifolds out there that are better for low end?

Thanks!

2. J.R.

J.R. Guest

i like the stealth from weiand, very good intakes right out of the box. good performance from idle to about 5000 rpm.

3. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

Thats the same power range as the edelbrock performer. designed more for low end than top end.

4. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

I say put on the Edelbrock performer, I just put one on my truck and it does real well, they are designed for off idle response.

5. Swifty

Swifty Registered Member

What about the perfomer air gap? Does it give god off idle torque and some more horese too?

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

idealy yes. the seperation of the runners would allow a cooler mixture and lead to more power. Couple that with a lifter valley oil guard and a cool can with dry ice and alcohol for maximum HP gains.