Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stock Rally's or Aftermarket Alum Rims?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mattcorleone, Jul 9, 2004.

1. mattcorleone

mattcorleone Registered Member

Stock Rally\'s or Aftermarket Alum Rims?

I'm real close to making a deal to buy a 84' K5 with 6" Lift and 35x12.5x15 TrXus Mud Terrains. The guy has them on nice stock rally's but has a second set of rims he said if I'd rather have them he'd swap the tires on (I'm getting either one or the other with the truck). I'm unsure which ones to get if the deal goes through. The aluminum rims aren't anything special... just normal 8 hole design polished aluminum. They are 15x10's. What size are the stock rally's? 15x8's? I would prefer to keep the footprint as thin as possible for snow driving so that is why I was thinking of keeping the Rally's over the Aluminums... are the rally's worth keeping you think? I like a clean factory look, but I don't want to get them if the aluminums would give me better performance, maintenance, etc. I will not be doing serious offroading... just medium stuff... mainly paper company roads and some occasional 'off road' fun. There is no safety/wear issue with running 35's on 8" rims are there?

2. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Re: Stock Rally\'s or Aftermarket Alum Rims?

Personally I'd keep the rallies.
    Just cause for the most part, unless those are like Weld rims, they will be stronger.

I have American Racing rims on mine right now, but when I get my next tires I'm going back to the rallies.
    The Alum's are easier to clean but they just won't cut it if I get into the rocks and get messed up.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Re: Stock Rally\'s or Aftermarket Alum Rims?

1984 Should of been stamped 15x8 jj , should also say the optional tire size on door of truck ( mine were 10r15 stock ) . Take the trim rings off when you hit the trail, they are fine . See :

[​IMG]