Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stock rear springs question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4x4swede, Sep 26, 2002.

1. 4x4swede

4x4swede Registered Member

Went over all the board for a clue on what to get. From what models will a 52" spring fit a 87 K5 with about same ride and not a dumpster type one? I cant find a single scrapped K5 in all of sweden , so I need to check other ways to get me some used springs . I just want it back on the road fast , so I can continue to plan the moneysink -p

This is some of the springs I found so far and the info on them,,
    Blazer 73-91 Back std fit CK10 73-87 4+1 leafs 1875lbs
    Blazer 73-91 Back HD fit CK10-20 73-87 5+1 leafs 2000lbs
    Blazer 73-91 Back Ex HD fit CK10-20 73-87 6+1 leafs 3100lbs
    Blazer 73-91 Back Sup HD fit CK10-20 73-87 7+1 leafs 3750lbs

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> You should be able to use any of those, just remove leaves or mix and match with leaves from the original packs until you get the ride that you like. Ideally you'd probably want the softest ones, but since it appears that you can't be picky... Are there no spring shops in Sweden? In the US it's pretty easy to find places that can make leaf springs for any application for not too much money. </font color>

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

4+1 and 5+1 (5 and 6 leafs total obviously) were the only *stock* rear springs offered on the K5's, at least '81-up that I have ever seen or heard of.

I doubt many of them change ride height over the others, just more or less of a bone jarring ride.

C/K10-20 would indicate 2 or 4wd, Blazer OR truck would fit, (based on the info you posted) so that opens up some more options for you, such as 1/2 ton pickups, which I'd imagine are slightly easier to find.

4. 4x4swede

4x4swede Registered Member

Thanks for the info guys )
    And for specialized springshops in this sheit country yes there is ,but not for leafs (. I even have a spring factory a 1/4 mile from where I live ,but not leafs (. With a population of 8 million in the whole country , you wont find many shops that just specialize in 1 area of parts only(. Im not out for any heght adjustments as it is now, just back to standard or as close that range. Dont want to throw away loads of cash on unplanned things hehe