Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stock shackle length?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wagon, Mar 29, 2004.

1. wagon

wagon Newbie

i searched but couldn't really get an answer. how long are the rear shackles on an 85 blazer. is there a difference in the blazers and trucks or in pre 88/89 versus post. thanks for any help

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Stock shackles are 4" long center-to-center. AFAIK ORD & stock 87-91 shackles are 4.5" long (and also use 1/2" bolts insted of 7/16").

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Which rear shackles?

Front-spring rear shackle or rear-spring rear shackle? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

4. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Front spring rear Shackles: there are at least 2 different lengths CB6 trucks (factory Dual shock) are a full inch longer than the "normal" shackle IIRC

5. wagon

wagon Newbie

i am wondering for rear-spring shackles, i have seen some pics of some that are 5" (stock gm), what do those come off of?

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Did you sneek that "rear" into the post /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif or was I being lame /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The stuff I posted was for the front because those are the ones most people make...so I just assumed that was what you were looking for.