Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stock Shock mounts for 14 bolt swap

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jimmy4matt, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Jimmy4matt

Jimmy4matt Registered Member

I need some help getting a SRW 14bolt ready to go under my '71 Jimmy. I'm not sure where to move the shock mounts on the 14 bolt. My existing mounts are on the top front of my 12 bolt axle tubes. My 12 bolt looks like a previous owner moved the mounts there from below the tubes. I couldn't find any pics of the stock shock mounts, or of 14bolts with shock mounts moved to a stock or near stock location. Any pics or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am just finishing putting a 14FF under my 71. I already moved the perches and it is physically under there just gotta possition the shock mounts and weld on. I'll take some pics for ya. If I get my front end done tomarrow I will prob do that tomarrow too

3. bigblock72

bigblock72 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

It doesn't matter too much where they're at, I usually put them on the bottom half of the tube pointing up so they don't easily get snagged on rocks.

4. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yeah, its not rocket sience by any means. I like on the front of axle up out of way of rocks but forward of axle to help stop axle wrap.

5. Jimmy4matt

Jimmy4matt Registered Member

Thanks for the replies and I'd like to see the pics too. The only reason I was concerned about putting the shock mounts near stock was that I'm running off the shelf skyjacker platinum shocks and I'd like to keep things working the way they were intended for the most part.