Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stock springs???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rix_Gotta_Blazer, Dec 15, 2001.

1. Rix_Gotta_Blazer

Rix_Gotta_Blazer 1/2 ton status

i have read all about this great shackle flip fabrication from ORD. It claims to give you 4" of lift with stock leaf springs, right? is that 4" with the original springs, or brand new stock replacment springs(J.C.Whitney), or do you have to have to add an add-a-leaf?? id really like to get some understanding. thanx.

i liked this bumper sticker i saw, "real Americans DRIVE American"

2. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

The 4 inches of lift comes from the shackle flip itself. So you'll get 4 inches of lift no matter what springs you use and if you use new springs that aren't saggy then you'll get a little more.
    BTW you can do a free shackle flip by cutting out the bottom of the shackle hanger. I did mine with a grinder ($20@harborfreight.com) If you do a search you should be able to find pics/instructions.

-Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

3. Rix_Gotta_Blazer

Rix_Gotta_Blazer 1/2 ton status

ok, thanx. i'll look into that. i think i only want to go 4" for now. this is my my first 4x4 of my own.

i liked this bumper sticker i saw, "real Americans DRIVE American"