Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stock steel rally wheel specs.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Can Can, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure that they are 15x7s. Am I right? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

15x6.5

3. Can Can

They're on a 84.....

I assume the stock wheels would still work with a 33/10.5/15? The truck is sporting 31/10.5s right now.

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

well there are some stock wheels yes they are 8"wide for those 31/10.50's, but just regular i am probably thinkin about the stock 2wd wheels, i have 2 rear 8 lug 16" wheels that are 6.5 wide. if you have the stock wheels that came on your Blazer or whatever, they are most likely 8"wide.

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

My stock original aluminum 6 lug 15" wheels are 8" wide. 8" wide wheels will fit 31/10.50's just fine. look good too.

6. Can Can

Thanks for the help, brother! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Hey Paul... if you would be interested, I have a set of steel 15x10 wheels for sale. They are the black modulars with the chrome outer area. Good lookin wheel but still strong, and are in awesome shape. I have 5 of them. Im asking around 600.00 obo. If ya want to see a pic of them, let me know and I can post one. They would be good with those 33x12.5" mud grips you want! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike

8. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey Paul... if you would be interested, I have a set of steel 15x10 wheels for sale. They are the black modulars with the chrome outer area. Good lookin wheel but still strong, and are in awesome shape. I have 5 of them. Im asking around 600.00 obo. If ya want to see a pic of them, let me know and I can post one. They would be good with those 33x12.5" mud grips you want! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

$600 for black steel modulars??? O,,,K
    /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

9. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I've got the 33x10.5R15s on my truck. Same width as the 31's, so no difference from the rear, and do a nice job of filling the wheelwells as viewed from the side.

Discussed awhile back, think 7" was 2wd, 8" is 4wd. new trucks are like 6.5" though /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Paul, your ralley's would be 8" wide. A 12.5" wide tire would look and work well.

Rene

11. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    $600 for black steel modulars??? O,,,K

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, you have to pay attention to the location in my sidebar dude...
    Up here, we dont get wheels for pocket change...
    The white spoke 15x10 steelies run about 75.00 each here. My wheels are chrome with black centers... 130.00 each at the tire store when I bought em. You Stateside guys have to learn ya cant compare prices... we get hosed up here. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    You want more price comparos?
    How about :
    350.00 each for 35"x15.5-15 TSL SXs
    390.00 each for 39.5x13.5-15 IROKs
    880.00 for a 14FF Detroit locker
    397.00 for 4:56 thick ring and pinion for 14FF
    or how about this one?
    75.00 each for RS5000 shocks.

It pisses me off beyond belief. But what do ya do?

Dont mean to jump on ya, but dont look at me like I am crazy for trying to get a fair price in $CDN. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    Mike

12. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Well thats my point i guess, if we can get them here cheaper, why would he purchase them from you for that kind of a price? Not trying to be rude, but it only makes sense, ya know?

13. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

If your really into the ralley wheel look ( like me ) whenever you want to go wider Stockton wheel could send you ralley rims modified all the way out to 15x14, they even make em in 16 inch sixes http://www.stocktonwheel.com/ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Can Can

Gotta go with Mike on this one, lads. You guys south of the border don't know how good you have it price wise. It's almost worth it to take a road trip to Montana to buy a tire/rim combo set. I bet even with the exchange rate and all the gas you'd burn it would still be cheaper in the long run........ /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

$120 each for a quality rim is actually a pretty decent price up this way.

15. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I wasn't lookin at ya like you were crazy, i guess i should have said something else to further my post, thats all i guess i was saying, was damn, whats up with that price, but since you explained it, i understand now.

16. Can Can

Maybe because Mike lives in Alberta, JUST LIKE ME???? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You gotta check people's locations a little closer, brother!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

17. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

i wasn't into checkin the location, even if i did, i still would have commented on it because i didn't know you guys were paying that much for wheels. Now i know, thanks for the heads up.

18. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    why would he purchase them from you for that kind of a price? Not trying to be rude, but it only makes sense, ya know?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe because both Canmore and Thumper are Canadian and live in the same province??

Want some more stupid prices? I paid $500 per tire for my 39.5's (after taxes and levy's, but not mounted). At the time it would have been a little cheaper to get them in WA state...but...WA state has an 8 or 8.5% sales tax, then there's the FET, then there was the exchange rate between currency, then as I bring them through customs I'd have to pay our own 7.5% sales tax and 7% general sales tax on my total purchase converted to CDN $$. What you can't put a dollar value on is the hassle bringing stuff back across, plus fuel, plus the border seems to average 1-2 hours each way on weekends.

It'd be a lot easier if Interco was a Canadian company /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rene

19. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    if we can get them here cheaper, why would he purchase them from you for
    that kind of a price?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Ill tell you why:

Shipping... kills us. Plain and simple.
    Dollar exchange... kills almost every deal.
    Border hassles... free trade? Whatever...
    Drive down and get them? Maybe if you are close enough... Its a 10 hour drive for me to go to the border. thats a freakin lot of gas... at 2.50 per gallon I gotta add.
    you figure it out. I will end up buying here every time... unless I happen to luck into a free trip down there like I got in Jan. Then you bet. I will buy down there. But any other time... its actually cheaper to buy here.
    But... tell me... what would you pay for them? 5 of them? Give me a ballpark number of what you could get them for there.

Mike

20. Can Can

No problem, brother!!! All's good!!!! You gotta remember that although Canada is a huge country, we only have a population of about 30 million. We don't have much buying power up this way, especially in special interest markets like offroading. I'm sure I don't have to explain the whole "volume discount" thing to you...... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif