Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stock valve cover breather hole

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MUD_SPEC, Jun 27, 2001.

1. MUD_SPEC

MUD_SPEC Registered Member

I put the stock valve covers back on my rebuilt motor for the sleeper look and I took the passengers side hose off that used to go to the air cleaner. I have no emission equipment left on the truck. Is there anyone that makes an aftermarket breather that fits the hole ( .75" or 1"? ) or is it ok to just plug the hole? Thanks

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You don't want to plug the hole. It keeps the crankcase from pressurizing and forcing oil out past the seals. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</A>
    It's a great day to be alive...

3. donimator

donimator 1/2 ton status

Go to your local auto parts store and buy a breather. They are about 3-7 dollars. Or, Put a pcv valve in it.

73 3/4 ton Chevy. 383 stroker, TH350, NP 205, 14bolt FF(Detroit), Dana 44(limited Slip), 6in. lift, 36x 14.5 super swampers

4. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    K&N makes breathers, nice little cleanable chrome ones. Thats what I put on my motor. 350HO

[​IMG]<font color=red>[/b]"Rid'in HigH in my K5"[​IMG]
    ....[​IMG]<font color=blue>[/b]"6" Lift -<font color=purple>38.5's"[​IMG]....

5. MUD_SPEC

MUD_SPEC Registered Member

So I can just get the same PCV valve as is on the driver's side and hook the hoses together?