Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stolen (and parts) Trucks Page

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by ChevyCaGal, Jul 9, 2002.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Seeing how on this and other sites there seems to be stolen rigs being posted about more frequently what about a stolen truck page? Not a forum necessarly, but a page where if someone's stuff gets ripped off they send you an email and you put their info up and a picture. The more people aware of stolen trucks the better the chance to have it seen and recovered... even possibly have things like stolen parts or say you go out on a run and leave something or someone borrows something and you don't end up with it back. So it could double and a lost and found too... anyhow thought I'd throw this out there.... thanks..... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

This would probably be a great idea... but that might lead into complaints about conduct etc in other CK5 forums... IE the for sale forums. As much as I don't want to be burned by a weasel, I wouldn’t want to have to read all the bashing and flame mail that would popup all too quickly out there… I think we manage a pretty good balance now. People complain under only the most dire circumstances, and stolen vehicles get talked about too.

I know POR does this, but I can’t remember in what format… I’ve been booted from their site after defending a fellow CK5er! Ah well… not a huge loss. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

-Dan

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

This has nothing to do with for sale.... this has to do with like Atlas has some t-cases ripped off and they posted their model numbers around so if someone was looking to buy one and saw these numbers they knew they were stolen ones... things like that. Also would help like when Tori had his truck ripped off it could have been posted there... that's what I was saying... there's been more rigs stolen like Bruiser was taken from Avalanche.... so just having a place people can see rigs would help to possibly get them back...

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I not only agree with your idea but have suggested it in the past. The recently employed "Amber Alert" has shown that it works great getting the info out as soon as possible to recover kidnapped children and the same might work with stolen stuff.

I suggest a "Limited" PHP type format on a separate page for this type of thing. Info to be uploaded could be something like this;

Item: <font color="blue"> 1978 Blazer </font color>

Description: Blue with white top, 39.5x15.5 super swampers and full roll cage. CA Lic# ABC405 VIN# 1123456L87

When: BLazer Fest 2002

You get the idea... A lost and found could be on the same board. Catagories could be :LOST, STOLEN, and FOUND.

It works! Get the info out there quick and if we all check out this board before buying parts we might be able to catch a few of these thieves. And someone almost always loses or leaves something at an overnighter.