Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stolen Drive Shaft

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PolarBear, Mar 14, 2002.

1. PolarBear

PolarBear Registered Member

I know this is the wrong place for this post, but get this. I wake up this morning and get in the daily driver in the carport. It is still dark and I start the engine and turn on the lights. I put it in reverse and nothing happens. I put it in drive and same thing. Nothing. I pop the hood and check the fluids. All OK. I get out the flashlight and look to see if there is anything obvious. Nothing under the engine. As I move back to the transfer case I notice that rear drive shaft is missing. What the F?? Someone stole the rear drive shaft off my beast. Who in the world has the kahones to do that? I still am in shock. I have been on the phone with the yards for a replacement and they are tough to fine. Man what a jip. I have looked and cannot find the culprit anywhere. I have to admit, I look at every Blazer and think "Is that my drive shaft?"

2. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

damn that does take some brass balls.
    reminds me of the time someone stole the oil pan off my buds mustang.

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

what tranny and case?

4. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

By looking at his profile I would say a 700r4/241 since it is an 89. Somebody must have been desperite for one.

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

k, I should of checked that/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif I have a 350-203 one here.

6. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

I only have two words for someone who does something like that (Smith & Wesson) !!!!!!

7. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

Next week he may come back for the front drive shaft! Have you installed the automatic light out there yet? Can you drive it in Front wheel drive?

8. PolarBear

I thought about getting a new alarm. A motion sensored one that plays the sound of a pump shotgun as the alarm.

9. PolarBear

I will be installing a light tonight after work. It is still amazing to me. Almost like it isn't real.

10. PolarBear

It is the 700r4/241 combo.

11. jmd

jmd Registered Member

I'm thinking on the next go around, you should go with 12 point or 8 point headed bolts to foil the lemurs.

12. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I know a guy (old friend of dads) that was at the lake and the first night he was there hit a rock with a inboard. The prop was SHOT. later that night he swam down and took a prop off a different boat. As he and my dad where heading out that next day, the guy told my dad about it as they drove by the other guys boat as he was trying to back out.

Not that i think that it is good, just passing on some old info.

13. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Great Idea. I'm going to look into that myself. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

14. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Polar, Bro I feel for ya. I knew a guy who was at a Pantara Consert in Mountain View Ca. (SF Bay Area) it was a night concert. and when he got out to go home. No rear drive shaft. He went the 30 miles in front wheel drive. Not to smart but I guess he didn't have AAA. Best of luck finding the Bastard that did it.

15. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Holy Crap! I went to my car (a VW GTi) one morning, and in my early morning haze, something didn't look "right" after I opened the driver's door. WHAT THE F>>>! My steering wheel was MISSING! Nice Momo one too! They got me good, bad enough the wheel was gone but the pried open the passenger side door to get in (the drivers side was UNlocked).

"Hello Boss, I'm gonna be a little late this morning. Would you believe...."

16. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Man, it's amazing what people have the balls to steal these days. A couple years ago one of my friends was moving into his dorm at school... he set his cd case on the hood of the car and went back to the trunk for more stuff. About a minute later he went to get the cd's and they were gone! He lost 100 cd's in that case. His car was a cavelier too, so the person that grabbed the case was only like 10 feet from him when they did it. There was NO one anywhere in sight, it was like they vanished into thin air.

I can't believe someone would actually steal a driveshaft. At least if someone steals mine they're gonna get a dented, out of balance one!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I like the 8 point bolt idea, that's a good one.

17. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Ive got a 700/208 driveshaft that should fit. If you need it let me know its yours no charge.

18. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Did you have the parking brake on?? I'm gonna leave mine off from now on so that it's hard for them to get it off or it'll roll over the punks. Why would they steal a slip yoke driveshaft???? Sounds like someone's mad at you or something. Some guys have stolen my step-bro's stereo 4 times, all didn't have a faceplate on them.

19. PolarBear

I did not have the parking break on. Unfortunately, where I live is very flat. I wish the Blazer would have crushed them. My luck though, I would have been sued.

20. PolarBear

Thanks for the offer. After 20 different wrecking yards I found one. If it disappears again I will PM you.