Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stolen Tahoe In Colorado!!!!!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by 5280k5, May 25, 2006.

1. 5280k5

5280k5 1/2 ton status

Hey all you Colorado guys I'm posting for my buddy from work, he just had his Tahoe stolen last night. This is a one of a kind truck we had been building for the last year or so. It's an all black 2003 four door tahoe, lowered 2" running chrome 23" wheels, has a SS silverado body kit with custom grills, HID headlights, sport mirrors, no body moldings, tinted windows. You'd know it if you saw it, only one ruuning around town that looks like this. This thing had an alarm & Lojack and still got stolen AAAAAAARGH:mad: We think someone had been scouting it and was a professional steal, but none the less keep your eyes out. Thanks, Brigham.

2. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    I will keep my eyes open. Hopefully Lojack will come thru on it and they will get the scum that took it.

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

That's why I keep thinking about sinking some concrete blocks in the ground and chaining the truck down.

4. 5280k5

5280k5 1/2 ton status

Tahoe found/Lojack works!!!

Well guys, they found the truck earlier today. that lojack is worth every penny it costs. The truck is being held at the impound yard under a criminal
    investigation and no one is allowed near it, not even the owner. The lady at the yard said it was missing the wheel/tires and a bunch of front end pieces(like all the custom SS kit we just put on 3 weeks ago) It just sucks that you can't have anything nice anymore b/c someone else thinks they deserve it more without paying or working for it. The owner is happy they recovered it & is determined to build it again even better than before. just goes to show when life gives you lemons, make lemonade it's much sweeter:D Thanks again guys for the lookout, maybe someday we won't have to post up threads like this:confused:

5. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

A little over a year ago my truck was stripped right in the yard at the shop. It only motivated us to build it back up with a vengence.

I was joking with jiminy that this story supports the philosphy of beating the hell out of your truck on the trail so that it doesn't look appealing to thiefs.

6. 5280k5

5280k5 1/2 ton status

That's the very reason I leave my K5 lookng the way it does. It sits out in our employee parking lot at work until I can get into a bigger house/garage. I figure since it looks like crap right now no one will be interested in it or realize all the stuff that's been done to it. I really want to put my soft top on & buy some new wheels/tires once the 60 goes in front but not until it has a safe place to stay.