Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stolen Truck.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by keeferk5, Apr 23, 2002.

1. keeferk5

keeferk5 Registered Member

Was warming up the truck this morn., went inside to get the kids ready for school, when my 6 yr old says daddy someone's driving your truck!! Ran outside to see it round the corner at the end of the block. Dialed 911 and when asked for a descript I told them it was an older full size Blazer, with a new Fire engine red paint job and a black soft top. They found the truck 10 min later, and when I went to id it there was nothing missing, and no damage. They caught the guy and he had the keys still in his pocket, so now the police have to keep my truck for evidence, and not only did the tow truck driver bend my trailer hitch, & back it into a wall, but I have to pay $70 for the 3 block tow to the evidence lot, and I can't get my truck back until it's paid. To top it off, the tow truck driver denies doing any damage. Turns out the thief had just committedm an armed robery 5 blocks away.

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I bet you don't do that again, your lucky you didn't get a ticket since it's illegal to leave you vehicle unattended when running.... /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif even in your driveway.../forums/images/icons/wink.gif atleast you got it back...

3. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

Could have been worse!!

4. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Sorry for the hassle! Good thing, nobody hurt ... bad thing, that sucks!

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that sucks /forums/images/icons/frown.gif but im glad you got it back /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. 2BLAZERS

2BLAZERS 1/2 ton status Premium Member

This is why you need a second set of keys and a Truck Club. I have an extra set of keys just for warming up the truck. I go out start it up, leave the club on the steering wheel and lock the second set in the truck. The key to the steering wheel lock is not on that set. When I am ready to go my truck is still there and I use my main set of keys to open the door and remove the steering wheel lock. Granted if someone really wanted they could take the truck but by time they took care of the locked door and the steering wheel lock they would be shot or laying on the ground:)))))

I hope they were able to keep the guy in jail. Last nights news from Portland, OR said that with pretty much any minor crimes the person is only getting a fine or ticket because of jail overcrowding. Many crimes such as drugs and property crimes like car theft are the equivilent of running a red light now:(((( Makes me feel real safe. In town were I live, Salem-Keizer I guess auto theft has jumped because you don't get jail time, our governor sucks.

7. keeferk5

keeferk5 Registered Member

This guy will not be getting out anytime soon, aparently he had committed an armed robery 15 min earlier. locking with the club on is a good idea, I'm going to pick one up on the way home from work. By the way, I have a good freind that is a guard at the prison this guy will probably end up at, and I am arrangeing to have a new "boyfriend waiting for him to arrive.

8. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

Damn man that sucks! Hey at least you got your truck in one piece. He could have used it like you see in tv where he is smashing cop cars and running over whatever he can find. So be grateful you got it back. It sucks you got to pay for the tow charge. Might want to invest in that Jacobs system where it will kill the engine after a certin amount of time(made for people in a car jacking situation) usally about 2 mile radius. But defitenly get a second set of keys and lock your truck when warming it up. Sad in day and age when you can't even warm your vehicle up without worry about someone driving off with it. Just look on the bright side it could have been ALOT worse.

9. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Good thing you got it back, sorry to hear about the damage. In my neighborhood, everyone around knows that if you mess with my stuff, I'll fire 5 warning shots at your head. After that, I get REALLY pissed! I say with the laws the way they are, we should write a new one that makes any of your vehicles part of your private property that you can protect with firearms. The way things are right now, even if you caught the guy, you couldn't do squat because he wasn't in your home. I say we get a new law passed that makes anything you own an extension of your home. I.E. you catch a guy in the shed, you can pop a cap in him and it's legal. Right now, the only thing you can do is try to get them inside, THEN you can shoot 'em.

Anyway, I hope the loser ends up in a cell with big 'ol bear of a guy who wants to call him BITCH! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif!!

10. Penthos

Penthos Registered Member

That sucks, but glad you got it back. Sometimes we need to be reminded of simple safety practices. I like the idea of steering lock during warm-ups.

11. lugnut

lugnut 1/2 ton status

They should bring back public hangings.

12. 6.2L Jimmy

6.2L Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Well Iam glad you got it back,as for the jerk that took it make sure he gets a real vicious pounding from his new future "boyfriend".I 'd crack a guy over the head with a baseball bat if I saw him doing that to my rig.
    Just my opinion...I hate fu#$IN theives so much
    Mike

13. wheelnut46

wheelnut46 1/2 ton status

It really is too bad when you cant warm up the truck. Good thing you didnt have your child all buckled up and need to run in "just for a second, he/she'll be OK". You hear about that stuff on the news and its scary. Of course the tow truck guy denies crunching your truck - they always do. He probably works for a body shop. Hope your truck runs OK when you get it back and the towtruck guy didnt mess it up when he wasnt being careful. Glad to hear they caught the guy. That guy shouldnt be on the street. I hate dishonest people and theives too.

14. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

damn.,..that would have scared the sh* out of me!! glad to hear ya caught the little b*stered anyways!! but i tel lyou .one major pro to having these big awesome rigs..is they sure stand out and are easy to find!! lol

bryan-later