Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stolen Update and fuel filler tube question?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerBoy, Sep 12, 2000.

1. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Well I am not sure how many of you remember, But my blazer was stolen then smashed about 4 months ago. I have been going thru a frame off resto. I posted some pics a while back but have been slacking on the scanning lately. Well the good news is she is about there. Lots of little stuff left to do but she runs and drives once again I will get pics up as soon as possible.
    My question is I went to hook up the Fuel filler tube (rubber tube). I am not sure if my gas tank is shifted over or if the tube just shrunk. It just barely reaches, I need it to be an inch longer or so for piece of mind. Any ideas where I can find a longer one? thanks for everyones help...

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com

2. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    If you removed your tank, then you just haven't raised it enough. Another thing can be that after you removed the body, did you put on a body lift? What about new mounts? These all could contribute to the problem. Lastly, if you need a longer fuel line, you can get one at just about any parts store. you just need to know the size. The kicker is, its about 1$ for each inch you purchase. That sucks.

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Its not that easy to find. At least in Kansas. When I had to replace mine, no parts store in town had the size hose I needed. And the GM dealer said that part had been discontinued. I had to go to some industrial rubber supply place to find the right diameter.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

I havent changed anything it is the same set up I had before.. I am not sure if the hose shrunk or what. But 73 K5 is right I have been trying to find one. None of our parts stores have them. I will have to try and find one from somewhere else, I just dont know if it will be able to handle the fuel with out deteriorating the hose... thanks

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com

5. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

NAPA carries them.

6. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

if all else fails take the tube down to Caterpillar, or John Deer, or some other heavy equipment outfit and see if they can outfit you with the size you need.
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

7. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Plan B- You can cut the old hose into two pieces and use a short bit of pipe or exhaust adapter and 2 hose clamps in the middle to make it longer. Thats whats usually done for body lifts to make up the diff in length.