Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stolen UPDATE

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerBoy, May 4, 2000.

1. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

When I got home from work I began to evaluate the damage. I found that the drivers side frame rail has a bend in it at about the front shock location and the the frame begins to twist (rotate) as it continues back. I am sure that the frame is shot but, just to make sure does any one know if something like this can be straightened with a frame straightener? Or does any one have any old parts trucks that have a decent frame. Does anyone sell new frames.. I have always wanted to do a frame up resto I guess I get my chance... Thanks guys ...

2. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Well, around here I can get a frame from the junk yards no problem, never got a price, but dont think it would be mutch, they dont sell them that often. Could probably find a good cab as well, but it would be a pretty penny I imagine.

Sucks what happened.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

3. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

I am actually considering trying to pick up a frame from the south somewhere, I would imagine it would be in better shape then our rusted out frames up here in the city of salt... I need to do something fast, I already miss that beast.. Thanks guys..

4. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

I was at the junkyard down the street from me and was looking at a 3/4 ton for the axles, 205t-case and steering column. THey said I could take the truck (late 70s C20) for $800. That got me thinkin. I could find a 1 ton 4x4 farm truck with bad motor from some good old boy up around here for maybe a grand I think no problem. When I do a frame up I will make my own frame, but thats how Im gonna get one ton axles and a matched 205 with hopefully a 400 or 454ci. Just an idea.

DangerBrett[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>obviously a smartass </font color=blue>

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

A few weeks ago I saw an '83 Diesel Jimmy in a Junkyard here locally. It was not it to bad of shape. I would like to see somebody buy it because I dont want it to get Crushed. I think they have a high turn around rate at this junkyard so you will have to act fast. The Junkyard is in St. Louis, MO and here is the number:

U-Wrench-It
    (314)383-2333

Good Luck.

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>
    1978/91 K5 Blazer

6. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Yard across town (in Oklahoma) has got about 10 blazers in various order. They've got ALOT of frames for them too.

If you want a number shoot me an email. The guys that work there are pretty cool, and the prices are fair.

Kyle
    89K5

7. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

I might have a donor vehical (83' deisel no motor, trans, or transfer case A friend of mine has seen it, he says it is very straight I am going to look at it tonight. Almost perfect body, there is no motor or trans and not much of an interior. If I pick this up is anyone interested in the Tub?? I know that you would have to come pick it up so the price would reflect that, I am just trying to get an idea so I know if anyone is interested so I can see if I can cover some of the cost of the truck... let me know..

8. Truckfan2

Truckfan2 1/2 ton status

ahhh, if the truck is from chicago it probably has a tone of rust... if it has minimal to no rust, I'd be very interested in it. especially if the floor isn't rotted out and the seat-belt panels are solid. What color is it? Let me know and how much for the tub

NEVER been stuck... *yet*