Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

STOLEN!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Black89k5, May 26, 2000.

1. Black89k5

Black89k5 Registered Member

This morning when i woke up i got in my truck to goto school i looked in the back of my 82 and noticed something missing. Well somebody !@#%^&$&* stole my !@%#^%$&# bandpass box with 2 pioneer 12's in it. Well i was a little irrate by this time so i hooked up my stock speakers and turned on radio. NOTHING AT ALL. When they took the box the amp wires crossed and fryed my radio. This is another example of a bunch of damn thieving hoodrats. Just thought i needed to vent a little bit.

2. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that.
    Anyway insurance will cover it?

<font color=blue>Espen88k5</font color=blue>

3. paul_cfh

paul_cfh Registered Member

i bolted mine to the floor in my truck ........every thing is bolted down one way or another (on my speakers i bent flat stock like a u and bolted it to the floor over the speaker ) i figure if some one wants to go through the trouble of unbolting them they need them more than me ...........anyway i know how it feels to have [censored] stolen .........atleast they didnt take your rig and beat the [censored] out of it just for kicks .........that prolly dont help much but i tried .......

[​IMG]<font color=blue>where the road ends the fun begins</font color=blue>[​IMG]

4. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

I'm with Paul, at least they didn't take your Blazer and totalled it, like the other brother in here.

LOVE MY GREEN GIANT!!!

5. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

everyone is getting something stolet now a days

6. Longfinger

Longfinger Registered Member

I have a 70 Blazer and run it with the top off. My friend has a 71 Bronco also topless. We live in south Los Angeles. We use the Grant antitheft steeringwheel locks to keep our trucks, bolt the speakers down and on the inside of the dash we put exacto blades on the stereo.

You get to keep your stereo, however there is some clean up involved.

Longfinger

7. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

there is all ways some little thieving b%*#h out there that wants to take your stuff I had two alpine spkers stole out the back of mine they were not big but it pissed me off some kind of bad.[​IMG]

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

8. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

When I put my interior back in I'm mounting my 10's in custom enclosures built into the walls. My amps are hidden in a box under the center console and the faceplate always goes with me. I got such a great deal on my system that I can't afford to replace it.

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    88 Jimmy

9. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I forgot to mention another good reason for bolting everything down. I knew a guy who was killed in an accident when his enclosure became airborne and went through the windshield taking him with it. That got me worried when I realized that my enclosure weighs over 100 lbs. That inertia stuff can be dangerous.

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    88 Jimmy

10. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

Yah, those stupid laws of physics. I hear that a whole lot of people are killed like that. Airborne abjects in your car can do some serious damage.

11. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Uh huh, that's why they always tell you to tie your stuff down and cover it. Also the reason why your bags have to fit under the seat or in the overhead in planes. When we fly with internal cargo, I use at least 3 5000 lb.cap. cargo straps to secure whatever it is, sometimes many more. Vehicles get 8 10,000 lb. chains.

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!