Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stooopid bank robber

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Oct 22, 2004.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

OK a bank robber in a wheelchair is sad enough, but one the cries racism? That's pathetic.

Disappointed bank robber demands $1500, gets $200
    Larry Miller thinks he got a raw deal.

When the wheelchair-bound man robbed a Florida bank, he got only $200 of the $1500 he demanded. Not only was he vocal about his disappointment, he also had a theory about his less-than-rewarding heist.

According to Miami Police Lieutenant Bill Schwartz, Miller, 42, wheeled himself into a Pan American Bank Sept. 21 and told the bank manager he wanted to set up an account. As the manager gathered documents, Miller placed a brown paper bag on the desk.

A note scrawled on the bag read, "Robbery put the money bag 1500."

Miller then allegedly realized that managers don't keep money at their desks. He reportedly took the note and rolled himself towards the teller instead.

"I imagine that [Miller's] not a Rhodes scholar," Schwartz said.

The teller complied with the suspect's demand, but when Miller was about to exit the bank, he discovered that the teller had only given him two $100 bills.

Schwartz said Miller became agitated and began cursing. He tossed his note to the ground and continued to utter expletives as he made his way towards the train station, where he was easily apprehended.

"It's just not fair," Miller reportedly complained. "On TV, the white bank robbers get $1500. It's only because I'm black that I get $200." /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

This was not the thwarted robber's first unlucky caper.

According to Schwartz, Miller tried to rob a store with a gun in 1987, but the store owner wrestled the gun away and shot him. The injury left Miller unable to walk and confined to a wheelchair.

Miller has been charged with strong armed robbery for the bank heist.

Even in the crime world the man's tying to keep 'em down. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Are there any smart bank robbers?

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Are there any smart bank robbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but apparently they get the full $1500. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I could probably knock over my towns bank pretty easily in theory

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I could probably knock over my towns bank pretty easily in theory

[/ QUOTE ] I used too work in a little hick town. The back wall of the bank's vault was the outside (Brick) wall of the building. If I wasn't so damn honest, I'd just back a pick up through that wall. (It's been done before in other little hick towns, yes, watching the news can give ya bad ideas) This town has no cops, a county sheriff drives through once or twice a night. Take out the phone lines for the town and hit the bank. But no, I'm just too damn honest now a days. But the thought does cross one's mind every time one get's the bills.