Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stop Running

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazingboy, Mar 2, 2003.

1. blazingboy

blazingboy 1/2 ton status

Last night was out and driving around and stoped at a friends house to pick him up when my truck just cut off. Just like you cut off the switch. It is a 87 350 TBI. It is getting fire and will run a second on starting fluid so I am thinking maybe fuel pump or is there something else.

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Fuel pump or completely clogged fuel filter sound like the possibilities to me. Might as well change them both. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    If you move the key from the "off" to the "run" position, can you hear the fuel pump run?

3. RockyRider13

RockyRider13 1/2 ton status

Take off the aircleaner and look at the injectors to see if they are working while someone else cranks. It is even easier to see w/ a timing light. If you see gas, then you can move on to your ignition module.

4. blazingboy

No I don't hear the pump clicking in. It looks like fun to get the tank out like the trailer hitch and bumper have to come off. I will just cut a hole in the floor and do it that way.

5. caryhenry

caryhenry Registered Member

The bumper could stay, but you do have to take off the trailer hitch. I had to remove my tank, and my hitch has been rusted on the truck for about 18 years. Talk about some fun....

6. blazingboy

Well it turns out it was the Fuel pump and the fuel filter looks like fuel filter got so stoped up it woulden't flow and burned up the pump.