Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Storage Shed Plans

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by hans999999, Mar 15, 2006.

1. hans999999

hans999999 1/2 ton status

Mar 9, 2005
    anyone have plans or a good place to get some for a shed? 12'x18' or so?? frees good too.
  2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Jul 15, 2001
    I built one at my parents house back in 00' with some simple figuring and planning.
    10x12(wish I had gone much bigger)
    I put it on concrete pads = no building permitt 14" elevated.
    The floor is framed 4x4's and 2x4's, and decked with sealed 2x6's
    I set the walls just like a house 16" stud spacing. enclosed it with that 20 year siding type stuff from home depot.
    Built trusses for the roof = rafter storage
    I boarded, tar papered, flashed, and shingled the roof, even added a ridge vent:laugh:
    Then painted it. It has survived two huricanes now, doesn't leak a drop. :bow:

Built it myself and am damn proud of it for using no plans.
    total cost if I remember right with shelving and all was around $700
    Only place I really saved was the 2x6's which I already had
    Can't touch a pre-engineered shed of that integrity for that price. I built it over two weekends and a few afternoons.
  3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Apr 2, 2001
    It's pretty easy to build a shed with these, almost any size. I designed and built 2 sheds, used these brackets fro the trusses. Boarded, papered, flashed, shingle roofed with vent, etc. I just put down a wood frame base instead of concrete pad on mine. Very simple, and IIRC the kits sold have plans of some sort. Shed kit
  4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Jul 24, 2003
    I built a few sheds here,only one standing is one I made in 1992,they rot away pretty fast around here...

The last "shed" I got was a reefer body off a 1 ton delivery truck 12' long,x 8'wide..300 bucks delivered!..its aluminum,insulated,has diamond plate aluminum floor,and a fiberglass liner inside..much nicer than any wooden one I could build,and cheep!..no permits,taxes,or foundation required..

But I heard our selectmen whining about many people using "warehouse storage containers" in residential areas,and those "Tent" garages,on our local cable
    tv channel..:doah: ..I bet it wont be long before the yuppies succeed in getting them banned or restricted here..:mad: ..
    I might have to build a fake roof and put siding on mine if that happens....

I think the town just hates us getting away with no taxes or permits on them...check your local bylaws before getting a truck body or other storage container,or a tent style garage..