Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

storing your hardtop

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigjblazer, Jun 21, 2002.

1. bigjblazer

bigjblazer Registered Member

Hey, Does anyone have plans or pics of storing the hardtop by hanging it from the ceiling. I want to hang mine underneath my deck. What is the best way to do this? Hook some pulleys up to the deck? Also, do you just put one strap around the top lengthwise? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

3. bigjblazer

bigjblazer Registered Member

thanks, i knew i saw that somewhere

4. JROSS

JROSS 1/2 ton status

I actually just did this. I hung mine from the joists in my carport. I backed in, removed all th bolts. Then I put 2x4 or 2x6 at each corner of the top. I put eye hooks with washer at each corner and then put a section of rope over the joist and used S-hooks to attach to the eye hooks. It was really easy and when I want to put it back on I just back under the top and drop each cornner on at a time. I think it was less than $20 for all the supplies. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I am using some screw in eyelets. These go into my garage joists (2x4s). I have some aluminum (YEP ALUMINUM) storage hooks. I back my truck into my garage, unbolt it. Lift the back end up, put the hooks under, then do the same for the front. It takes me about 15 minutes to do this.

Initial I had some reservations using the eyelets and the aluminum hooks, but After I was able to hang from one with no bends, and no other issues, I figured FOUR of them can hold my top.

I have so much confidence in these, I drive my Porsche back in under the top... /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

A pulley system would be better, but 1) my garage ceiling is quite low (the upper is used for storage, and 2) my Blazer has about 1" left to fit due to the garage door header.