Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Story for y'all esp. Blazer4x4ngKid

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by talldogg, Sep 11, 2000.

1. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Story for y\'all esp. Blazer4x4ngKid

This one's for you Blazer4x4ngKid, it's a true story and I hope it motivates you while your K5 is still at large.
    Two years and nine months ago, my uncle's truck got stolen. It was an 88 Z71 4x4, pretty much stock, but nice. Not only was it stolen, but it was stolen while he was down in Tijuana at some wrestling matches. I was pretty sure he'd never see it again, but when ever the topic came up he always said that he felt he'd find his truck some day, and find it he did. Last Thursday when I got to my mom's house to pick up my daughter, my mom mentioned that the there was a message from the California Highway Patrol on the answering machine about some stolen vehicle being recovered. The message was very vague, didn't say any name or vehicle type. It only said a reported stolen vehicle had been recovered in Hermosillo, Mexico, 1,000 miles away in the Sonora desert. I quickly called and sure enough the police officer on the other end said that the night before two stolen trucks had been recovered,and it appeared that one of them was my uncle's. My uncle called and Friday night he was on a bus on route to Hermosillo to pick up his truck. He had no clue as to what to expect.
    When he arrived he couldn't beleive what he saw. Not only had his truck been found, but it had obvisouly fallen in the hands of somebody who took care of it. During it's disappearance, only 5,000 miles had been placed on the truck. The truck was also painted. The truck is now green (used to be white) and they actually did a goood job painting it. They updated the grill on the truck, they also LIFTED it and put on new BFG 35" Mud Terrains on brand new Centerlines. We still can not believe it. My uncle said yesterday, "I know I'm awake, but I feel I'm dreaming".
    Alex, I know you probably wouldn't get your truck back in the condition my uncle got his, but I want you to remember how important it is for you not to give up hope. I really wish you find your rig, and soon, take it easy![​IMG]

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Re: Story for y\'all esp. Blazer4x4ngKid

The same thing happened to my buddy's VW Bug here in the Bay Area,CA. about a year ago. Some kid stole it from the front of his house,and about 7 months later the Highway Patrol called him to tell him that they found his bug! The kid that stole it (In JAIL now) gave the bug a new paint,motor,tranny,and interior! My friend kept his mouth shut and drove home his NEW bug,and still to this day he gives "Thanks" to that Kid! Stay positive:)

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>This reminds me of what happened to my freind's dad a while back. We live about 10 miles from NYC and my freind's dad used to have a semi cleaning company, and he had an E350 with a huge truck cleaner in the back. Anyway, it was parked at a relative's house in Queens, and it was stolen. A few weeks later they got it back, with nothing done to it. The next summer it was stolen AGAIN (this thing was a 200K POS, mind you), and AGAIN it was returned, only this time the cleaning stuff was not there. My freind's dad got out of that bussines and went into construction, and the van went another 100K then it blew up. The End</font color=blue>

http://www.chrisd71k5.coloradok5.com <font color=blue></font color=blue>

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I have a story as well- different idea, but just as SATISFYING.......... My partner at work's Iroc was stolen from in front of his house one night. The kids had beat the crap out of it and dumped it after pulling off the rims and tires. Mike's rims were pretty flashy, and he had just installed 3 brand new tires(the fourth was still in good shape).

Well, as fate would have it, two months later we pulled up to a set of lights beside a group of kids in an Iroc. Mike and I always joked when we saw an Iroc, something along the lines of "There go my wheels!". We couldn't friggin BELIEVE it when we both realized that the car was rolling on Mike's wheels and tires. We followed the kids to a local Denny's, and when they went inside, we looked closer. Three new tires, one older on the exact same brand of rims that had been stolen. We phoned the cops, who actually showed up quickly, and when the officer leaned on the kid, he broke down and told them he'd bought them a couple months earlier from a kid known to the cops as a car thief.

The best part of the story is that the kid's car sat in the impound lot for 33 days at his cost, PLUS they pulled off the wheels and tires for evidence. Not only was the kid out of pocket for the tow and the storage, but he had to buy himself some rims and tires just to drive it away.

5. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

That reminds me of something that happened to my dad back in the 70's. He had this hot rod Nova, with fat tires in the back with the classic stink-bug stance. Sure enough one morning he went out to his car and it was sitting on blocks. We lived in an apartment complex and like a day later he saw another car in the parking lot with his rims and tires. He called the cops and the girl with the car said thast ehr boyfriend had given them to her as a gift. Smart boyfriend probably forgot where he stole them from as they lived in the same complex.

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!