Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Story time ! Tell your tale... Subject: scary moment in your life

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Twiz, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

K- right to the point.

As you might well-know, I have acouple of hounds, that I wuv very-very much...yeaash I do.. *ahem*
    Anyway, I take 'em out to the hills (mountains) every Sunday. We hit the trails, and they love it.
    So...one-day
    We (me and the hounds) hit the hills late in the day, it's getting dark, so I decided to make it a quick-wicked trip. We head-off up this mountain, following what I thought was a trail. As we kept-awn, the trail got nasty, really ruff. The trail- as it turned out, was nothing more than a run-off from the snow-cap. The higher we went, the ruffer it got.
    The hounds are about 20 feet infront of me as I clime over this fallen tree. As soon as my feet hit the ground, this thing flys out of the brush behind me and all-most clips my shoulder, nothing but a brown-blur. TOTALY freaks me AWT!
    Scares the sh!t right out-a me!

I let out a scream, sounded like a 5-year old girl.
    "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"
    In mid-scream, I realize, it's just a bird with what seemed to be a broken wing. It hit the ground about 2 feet infront of me and began flopping around. My faithfull hounds came running to my assistants (or to see what this fool (Me) has got him-self into this time.) They chased the bird-off, as I thought to my-self..."Ohhh-man! I hope no-one heard that!"
    Just as I hear my scream... echoo through-out the mountains....
    "AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh"...
    "AAHHHhhhhhhhhhh"....
    "AHhhhhhhhh".....
    "ahhhhhh".......
    "ahhh"........

I don't know how well that story works typed out, but I can totaly sell-it in real life.

So.. Whats your tale ?

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I considered buying a Bronco once... that was a very scary 10 minutes... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

My scariest moment in life was either when i like rice rockets /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif or when i almost rolled my truck hittin a burm at 40mph sideways.

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Walking in on your elders in the bathroom. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Do you fawkers know how long it took me to type that out ? One finger typeing and all... com-awn... what is up with these one-liners? (funny as thay might be) I was looking for a bit more of a story..

K- ....

go.....

6. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

OK Ill bite.....This is going back a LONG time ago, I was maybe 5.

My grandfather and I used to go for walks , to this day Im still not sure WHY we went.... we just did, anyhow, we didnt go too far just across the street and thru the pasture. It was maybe a mile from the house, tops.

Well I discovered this little trail and started to wander down it and I noticed a stream. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Well I wanted to check it out. My grandfather was wanting to head home by now and was calling me back to head home before it got too dark.

But I wanted to see that stream. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

He walked part way down the trail and stepped behind a tree and waited. Well I turned around to see him gone and LOST IT! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I took off back up that trail screaming as loud as I could running as fast as my little legs would carry me. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Well I blew past him (at Mach 4) and never seen him behind the tree. The race was AWN! I dont remember how long it took him to catch me but he had a hell of a time! LOL! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

When I finally stopped, or he caught up to me whichever it was, /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif he pointed across the pasture to our houses, and asked why I was so freaked out. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Theres your house right there and my house next to it. You can see it right? Uh huh. So whats w/ the screaming and running? Needless to say he was doing his best to hold back the laughing. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

He felt bad for hiding from me, (but it was still funny) but I really dont know what had me so freaked out. We used to walk over there all the time, I knew where I was, I knew my way home..... Hell I was 5, as far as I was concerned, papa had been eaten by a lion, tiger, bear, wolf, dinosaur.... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif and I wasnt hangin around to be desert. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

7. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Ahhh.. I see, so the insanity set in at a early age then ?

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Do you fawkers know how long it took me to type that out ? One finger typeing and all... com-awn... what is up with these one-liners? (funny as thay might be) I was looking for a bit more of a story..

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ok, but I'm gonna make this short.
    In August of '99 (I was 29) I collapsed in front of my Wife. Chest was burning arm hurt like a motha and I was vomiting uncontrolably and was having a pretty hard time getting my breath. that lasted for a few moments. Afterwords I thought this is some pretty bad stomac flu.
    So come the next morning at about 4 am it was like getting real fawking bad. So I said that I felt that I needed to go to the hospital. Finally get there and then it really hits me. Same as before but like 10 times worse. After a while of being stabalized the doctor told me that I had a heart attack. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I was floored. After two weeks I was good to go home. Seems it was a weird one. Come to find out I had got food poisoning which caused muscle cramping. Well to make a long story short the heart and most the stuff around it are muscles. Ended up the arrteries were squeezed closed. Unlike the norm when they are blocked.
    Then to top it off I got my Wife, my Parents and all my Sibling freaking out.
    Now thats scarry. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Its not super scary but here it goes..

I go hunting every year with my dad, uncle, and cousin over in eastern Oregon for elk season. One day me and my dad were casing a couple dear for the fun of it and ran across this little ravine that had tons of traffic that day, both elk and deer. So we planted at a couple spots to watch. Two hours went by and we only say a couple dear. Now it was getting towards lunch time so we headed back.

We decided to go back to that same spot until dusk. i found this nice little spot in the tall grass about 300 yards across the ravine from my dad. It was really comfy, the spot had three logs positioned like a lazy-boy. Well about 30 minutes into it i was passed out. I dont know how long i was out for. Then thunnk, THUNK, THUNK. and i say something fly out of the corner of my eye. I FLEW up out of the seat and in a half groggy state made a comlete 360. I knew it could have been anything but at that moment it was the Predator, or a pack of rabbid wolves. I dont know. I just know my heart was about to pop out of my chest. And it lasted a while. I was constantly looking behind me, to my left, right. I knew i was about to be jump by something. Then as i started to wake up more i just laughed, then went and told my dad. And he asked if my p**** hurt.

10. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

well one day i was eating cheetoes (i love em /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif), but i had just taken a handfull and i sneezed. Well after the sneeze you usually inhail sharply (i do atleast) thats when a cheeto decided to try to kill me, it whent for the lungs whith the air. I was shocked and didnt know what to do for a second (felt like a year) then i remeber my dads upstairs so i run as fast as my oxygen deprived legs could carry me stagger into the front room and i think my dad about whent himself he was so scared. He grabbed me and then gave me the himleck. A couple of thrusts later the cheeto conciede defeat, and i lived to fight another day.

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I went fishing with my friend (whom i've known since I was 3) and his brother. We took my friends 11 foot boat with a 9.9 hp outboard. Most of the morning we fished and drank beer and tried to get the damn boat running after it stalled in the middle of the lake. This particular lake is surrounded by mountains and is very cold and deep...

finally we get the cranky old outboard working and cruised up to the far end of the lake where we beached the boat. We decided to stretch our legs and walk up this clearing. We walked up this clearing about 500 yards or more and we were well above the snow line. It was May and it had been a very warm spring after a record setting winter for snow. Beer played a big factor in us not realizing we were walking up an avalanche chute. You'd think all the busted trees and stuff would have clued us in.

Anyways...after walking up a fair ways we sat on a big log and looked down at the lake and were enjoying the view of the lake when we heard a roar up and behind us. All we saw was a white cloud rushing down towards us...it was a huge avalanche and it was coming right at us. We scattered in every direction trying to get out of it's path./forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Fortunately the snow stopped about 50 feet past the big log we had been sitting on and none of us were hurt. Good thing we hadn't walked farther up than we did!!

Rene

12. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

This is super duper scary /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Okay, for as long as I could remember we had this vacumn named Mr. T (I named him). He was a 1960's version of one of these:

[​IMG]

He was old and his little retractable cord was a little cranky (you pull it out a little real fast, and Mr. T would winde it up for you...but sometimes it'd stop in the middle and you'd have to fiddle with it).
    Anyway, we all loved Mr. T. He was very faithful and that cord was alot of fun /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Well, when I was about 15, we all went up to visit the "big boat" (we had a sail boat...still do, but I can't claim it since I don't live with them anymore). Judy, my dad's wife at the time, brought Mr. T cause the big boat needed to be cleaned. So, we get Mr. T out of the car and pulled him on the dock (he had little wheels...that was the other part that was fun...you could pull him by the nose and he would follow you around...just so long as you didn't take a turn that was too sharp). We get to the boat and my dad hops on. He says, "Judy, hand me Mr. T". She says, "Okay" and picks him up and starts to hand it to Dad. All of the sudden, Mr. T slips from her hand and *kerthunk!*, Mr. T went into the water and sank like a rock!!!!
    My brother and I were on the dock like /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif and we all shed a tear for Mr. T.

Poor, Mr. T /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I guess that was more of a sad day than scary....*sniff*

Poor, poor Mr. T

13. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

What the he!! was that ?

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Have a few scary stories. Here's one:

Many years ago, while I was getting my biz started, I also worked part time doing roofing repair estimates. I went to do one on an apartment complex, three stories high, with exterior stairs to the third floor but nothing to the roof. Put my extension ladder on the third floor landing, leaned it against the roof lip, went up.

When it was time to get down, I start coming down the ladder, and it slipped away. I caught the last rung with my foot, and now I was holding on to the roof lip with my hands, dangling from the roof, ladder hanging by my foot and a 40 foot drop underneath me.

Adrenaline rush had new meaning for me.

It took a while to pull myself up and retain a foothold on the ladder. Obviously didn't die, but was pretty certain I was going to.

15. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    What the he!! was that ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes...you're right! My dad did say that when Mr. T went kerthunk into the water. [​IMG]

16. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Went hang gliding at a beautifull little 700 ft cliff that we frequent in the spring and summer. The air there is cool and smooth for the most part. You can glide around and look at the scenery for hours at a time. You can swoop the launch and scare the spectators and just have a good time in general. Easy flying and a huge landing area on top so you can walk your glider back to launch, sit down and relax and have a brew and go for it again if you like.

Well I was heading into the landing area at about 200 feet when all of a sudden the air below me just seemed to disappear and I proceeded to drop like a rock in a bag. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I was litteraly in freefall and nothing I did would change the situation. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Ever been in an elevator that dropped out from under you a little too quick for your liking? Well this was like that only times 10... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

There was a friend of mine standing almost directly below me and looking up at me and pointing... He was so scared from what he was witnessing that I could hear HIM screaming! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif I continued to fall and for what seemed like an eternity I watched my life pass through my mind. And then here came the ground. It was coming up so fast that I knew that one, this was really gonna hurt, and two, I was prolly gonna die from it. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

I experienced what we call in skydiving as Ground Rush. Like a door closing hard right in your face that ground was moving at me fast. Up it came, closer and closer, faster and faster till................................

All of a sudden at about 5 feet off the ground the air showed up out of no where and slowed me down to the point where the glider was momentarily flying again and I had a perfect stand up landing, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif right in front of my now covering his eyes, scared to death friend on the ground. I stood there and took a breath as he opened his eyes in aww.... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

He asked how I did that, and without waiting for an answer started to cuss me out /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif and tell me how fricken scary looking the whole thing was. When he finished I just said, "Got a beer?".....

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

This one time in band camp..............

18. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

i was in a hangar doing maintenance on a F-8 fighter, had the seat out and was pulling up the floorboards, i heard a loud explosion and looked over my shoulder and saw a large ball of fire coming right at me, i ducked down in the cockpit and started to kiss my butt goodbye, my life flashing in front of me. the ball of fire went over me and when i realized i was still alive i lept out of the cockpit to the ground, the hangar was consumed in fire, i found a side door to a connecting hangar and got out, 12 people died that day. i later went back and walked the tail of that plane, the top was scorched right up to the cockpit where i was working and in the wall in front of the plane right at cockpit level you could see where the shrapnel hit. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif that story makes me sad

19. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

So what was the explosion?

20. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

a plane was coming in for a landing at nearby runway, the pilot lost oil pressure and thought engine had died, he bailed out too early, the plane became an unguided missile, he lost his nerve, most pilots would have waited to bail out, get closer where no one could get hurt, the plane came right through the hangar doors and crashed about in the middle just opposite where i was, it took out the overhead sprinkler system when it crashed