Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Strait axle

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by k5blazerus, Apr 8, 2002.

1. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

Dose any one have a s-series blazer that has done a strait axle on it with full size axles.
    Thanks Colin

2. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

Ok How about some info on it.
    Colin

3. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

Jamus has a S-blazer with the straight axle conversion, when he logs in you can get the scoop from him.

4. Jamus

Jamus Registered Member

Hey, I have a solid axle but not with fullsize axles. I'd suggest checking out www.s10-4x4.org There's a few guys on there running fullsize and they could help ya out more than me.

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Couple of guys over at www.pirate4x4.com that posted pics on the Chevy board - thread was I think 'Show me your trucks'..........check it out.

6. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

I wondered about that when i had mine, but not with full size axles. If you want to keep the same width maybe axles out of an older style bronco?? think they had d44's and 9" rears. the width would probably make it just a bit wider and look damn cool. plus dont s-10's have the front drive shaft on the opposite side as full size straight axle chevys? then ford axles would probably be the ticket. I saw a blazer for sale on ebay a while ago with a straght axle front, if memory serves me right the guy said it was a kit for the swap?? not sure

7. Jamus

Jamus Registered Member

The Blazer on e-bay, was it a red 2dr? I saw one on there that used the stagewest kit, which is no longer sold though you can get some of the parts. The guy had a d30 front, Ford 8.8 rear and was running 38's. He had all kinds of money in it, all the good stuff. Anyway, yeah, early bronco axle are ideal. I have the 9" from an EB. Also look at Scout and fullsize Jeep axles. The scout axles would require a new t-case but some of the later model fullsize Jeeps had the pumpkin on the driver's side. I'm going to put a d44 from an 85 Wagoneer under the front of my truck. Had to get gears and I'll have to do some parts swapping for the bolt pattern to match. Watch out about the fullsize axles, that is, unless the cops in your area either don't care or don't have any laws for fender clearance.

8. mudduck

mudduck 1/2 ton status

i had an 85 that i set the body on a 79 scout frame and used the scout running gear, had d44s front and rear. used 700r4 and 4.3 out of 92 model s blazer had to fab up body mounts and engine mounts, wasnt real hard to do just never got it finished too many projects, gonna start a new s blaze project after this summer gonna finish beating my shortbed and use my new one ton stuff on blaze. the scout frame was just the right wheelbase just centered body on scout frame and fabbed body mounts from there

9. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

Yep, the Ebay one was red. That truck looked very nice. I think if I could get a S-10 blazer with the 4.3 and a solid axle front I might prefer it over my K5 (maybe). At least itwould be very unique.

10. Jamus

Jamus Registered Member

It is pretty unique. But most people who see ya on the street don't know how much work went into it. They just figure it was a bought lift kit that was put on at a shop. Oh well, I still love my Blazer anyway.
    By the way, that Blazer on E-bay went for cheap. He was wanting around 15k for it. That's pretty good, he probably had twice that much into it. ARB's d30 hub conversion, discs all around, and 38's. Pretty nice indeed.