Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stranded on the way home!

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by Blazinaire, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Last night we were coming home from vegas (our pit stop from moab) and the tranny (installed the day we left for moab) took a big poop /forums/images/icons/mad.gif . As of now we are in a hotel in Barstow (bumfukt, egypt). My buddy ducttape (brown longbed 6.2) is going to come in his dads super duty and a u-haul trailer to get me tomorrow, that is what I call a good friend, he lives 7 hours away /forums/images/icons/cool.gif !! Other than that I had a blast at BB, you guys are the best! When ducttape broke a stub shaft it seems like everyone came right up with all the tools, stub shaft, u-joint, wheel bearing washer thingies, etc. that he needed and got him going in no time at all. Now how long untill bb03? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that.

David

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Blazinaire,

Sorry to hear that.....sounds like Barstow is the "Bermuda Triangle" for the K5 caravans! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

I broke a rocker stud there on the way home and caused about 2 hours worth of delays for the rest of my group while we fetched parts.....

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Yep, that's 3 K5's that we know of now that were swallowed up by the mysterious forces at work in Barstow. First Skigirl, then Greg72 and now Blazinaire. You California folks need to find a route around Barstow! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

That area is not part of Route 666 is it /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

***best twilight zone music*** Dude that sucks!! Hope you get home safe after this though.

7. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Sorry to hear you already lost the tranny, much less got stranded in Barstow. You'll have to do like SkiGirl and get a library card. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif She was stranded for several days and said that was all they had to do... And ducttape deserves a beer! BTW, tell him thanks again for letting me borrow that ducttape /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif on Upper Helldorado so I didn't have to dig mine out of the coffin under the strap web.

Good luck!

8. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I think that was my duct tape I think! Pretty black stuff? Nice and handy in the glovebox!

Back on the barstow thread, good luck with the recovery.

9. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Yep, the black stuff I fixed my broken gas filler was yours. Gotta get me some of that black. Thanks! Man, at 2 am I can be a real dumb ass, can't believe I put it there... But, I also borrowed his (at least I think it was his) silver DT to tape my core support brace up to keep it out of the tire and stop it from rattling. So, I owe you both a thanks... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

10. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

hey, you guys shouldnt diss Barstow like that, I have co-workers that live there. Plus I live 30 miles away and work at a Gm dealership in Victorville. So next time you guys pass through or are havin trouble i might be able to help ya out. Hope you get that tranny fixed.

11. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

so is he going to warrenty it again? i have towed 3 automobiles from barstow back down to camp pendleton with my blazer...
    i dont like barstow. even less to do than yuma...
    grant

12. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

No way, My burb broke down in Barstow last month too!!! I was on my way to Disneyland. I think that brings the running count to four! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

13. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Insert theme music from "The Twilight Zone" here. Meanwhile, Rod Serling announces in the back ground.... "On a lonely highway, deep in the Mojave Desert...." /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

14. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Geez, does EVERBODY get stuck in Barstow?

The good news is, I got some pull there now, being as I'm the mayor an' all. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

15. tomseviltwin

If you ever get stuck in Barstow with no tool's, there's an honest garage just west of the Autozone store. I think it's called American Auto Care or something. He fixed me up and gave me a good spare tire, balanced and everything for $60.00. Alot of shops charge that much to diagnose stuff. I was stranded a long way from home and they didn't try to take advantage of us. Next time, I'm gonna hold my breath and stand on the throttle till I'm past that town!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

16. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Geeze, Harsh words about Barstow. Last time I went through there i didnt get stuck. But then of course I live only 30 Miles away.

17. tomseviltwin

It seemed like a nice place. I'm a small town guy myself(Salt Lake City) It's just that that small town is a long way from mine

18. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Yeah, Everyone seems to like to talk crap about Barstow. Everyone at my job harrases the guy that lives there, it's pretty funny to listen to.