Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Strange electrical fields in Allantown

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, May 16, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I went up to prepare for our mud races last Wednesday. On the way up, the Utah Crew Cab stopped charging. So, I got up there with a dead battery.

I went to grab my charger out of the back of the truck, and what do you know, the plug-in cord fell out and drug on the highway and ruined the plug in.

So I go to fire up the 2wd International with a battery out of another vehicle... hmmm... Truck Blazer's Battery is dead. Orange Blazer won't even kick over or click. The little 2wd Datsun's battery is dead. Someone from town brings up two charged batteries for me... and both of them are dead when I put them in.

I rob the battery out of my GMC, and get the 2wd Int'l going. I fix the battery charger and start charging batteries. I replace the alternator on the Utah Crew Cab, and it still won't charge. The 2wd Int'l kills 2 batteries, even though it's charging (starter draws too much when hot). I go to move my motorhome and the starter doesn't engage at all.

I arrange campers and trailers. Some friends plug in one of the trailers, and it shocks them whenever they touch it. We move the trailer to the other side of the yard and plug it in to the same outlet, and it no longer shocked them.

The only battery up there that had a full charge and lasted without problem was the one in the bus, which has been in the bus about a year and stayed dormant through all winter.

:confused: :confused:

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Haha, and I thought I had problems because one of my trucks drains batteries. Sounds like you've got a whole fleet with goofy sh!t going on there. :D

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

That sounds crazy! And I thought I had strange luck...

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

It's them aliens

5. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

canadians sneeking across the border and draining his batteries?
    sounds plausable, you did take one of their Dana 60s afterall...

;)

6. gone huntin

gone huntin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

OUCH!!!!! My mouse just shocked the hell out of me while I was reading this post!!!! :shocked:

7. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

That's new sig material, right there!

-- A