Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Strange electrical problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big pappa b, Jan 3, 2005.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

89 Burb: while we were on vacation last week my wife attempted to plug in the charger for her cell phone into the cugarette lighter. When she did the radio suddenly quit and the charger never came on. The charger works fine, I tried it in a different vehicle afterwards. The radio (stock) now does not work. When you hit the power button all that can be heard is static so I know there is power to it. I have no blown fuses either. I'm stumped

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Does the horn work? When that happened on our '91 S-Jimmy it made the horn stop working also. Turned out that a 25 amp fuse had blown. :eek1: I can't recall which one it was, but look closer at your fuse panel. :cool1:

3. big pappa b

brb..gonna go check:)

4. big pappa b

Harry, you are the wise old owl :D Surely enough it doesn't work. Of course I have never tried the horn. I've only been driving it for just over a month. At least now I have a better direction where to look. Will check out tomorrow in the daylight

thanks

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Kewl!!! :cool1::xmas::cool1::xmas::cool1::xmas: