Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Strange miss

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 79Silv4x4, Dec 2, 2002.

1. 79Silv4x4

79Silv4x4 Registered Member

Strange miss
    I can't work on my truck until tomorrow but I thought I'd get some ideas from you all before I start. Installed an Edelbrock manifold & 1406 a few months ago and truck has run fine until a couple days ago. At idle, in park, there may be a slight hint of a miss but I am not certain. Revved up in park or neutral there is no miss. Drop it in gear and there is a noticeable miss. At highway speeds or under acceleration I do not notice a miss. Lastly, after driving it a few miles it will diesel when I kill it--this started the same day as the miss. So, what do you think? Plugs, Plug wires, vacuum, timing, combo of these or something else. Thanks.
    Rob

2. 79Silv4x4

79Silv4x4 Registered Member

Could it have jumped time via the timing chain?

3. Suffergauge

Suffergauge 1/2 ton status

Could be slightly out of time. Also could be the carb adjustment -idle speed, mixture, a partially clogged jet... When was the last time you gassed up? Cheap / bad gas will do some weird things.