Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Strange noise coming from tranny.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Apr 1, 2001.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Noticed today that when I put my foot on the brake and put the truck into drive that a strange noise is coming from the ride side. There's a little disk looking thing on the right side of the 700R4 and that seems to be where the weird noise is coming from. What is it?

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

I have no idea, but your post is at the top now.

[​IMG]

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

That is the servo area... I doubt that that is the source of the noise. I don't know what you mean by a "strange" noise... you'd have to be more specfic ...

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

4. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

mine did the SAME thing right b4 it died!!!!
    it made that noise.... then slipped when shifting, then wouldnt shift out of 1st then wouldnt shift....
    that happened over the course of 1 week.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/>http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/</A>
    <font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>
    [​IMG]

5. lowlevell

lowlevell 1/2 ton status

Is it like a metalic "fizzing" or "gurgle" noise? mine has done this since i bought it 50,000 miles ago. It only does it in reverse. I've also noticed lately that my tranny downshifts kinda "hard" from OD to D when im slowing down on the highway. It is a 700r with 192,000 miles, and to my knowledge, it has never been rebuilt.

One From None

6. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Yeah noises like that are really bad coming from the tranny...
    Kid... does the trans have that ever popular vette servo in it? If it does I'd bet the sprag is fry'n. That is really not a good tranny mod... The other thing is drop the tranny pan and see what's in there... my truck had the trans puke a while ago... towed it home and drop the pan... WHAT A MESS! This so called rebuilt trans 35k ago was blown... The 2 clutch pak was burnt to heck (WTF??? nEVER HAPPENS) Looks like it was heating up and binding really bad. Never seen so much $#@! in a tranny pan. wow was all I could say... I ended up buying a untouched core because the last guy's mods to the valve body were so bad... well that's what my tranny guy/buddy said. I've gone through a couple of 700's w/ him now... he's the best. But overall it's probably "Buckle up little camper... because the tranny is gonna die"-could be tomarrow... could be 3 yrs from now.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI