Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Strange noise

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sting, Oct 19, 2000.

1. sting

sting Registered Member

First I hear a cling cling noise coming from the front as im moving slowly,say in a parking lot...
    is it a wheel bearing ? Second noise is in the rearend..when the K-5 has been driven about 20 miles
    and I slow down I mean less than walking speed I hear and feel a grinding or popingnoise like
    u-joints in a bind...Had the u-joints checked all is fine...WHATS UP...does not make this noise
    when its cold....

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Hey I hear that popping noise all the time. What is that? Its really annoying and it can't be good fro my truck. It got a lot worse after I went off roading.

90K5

3. 74K5Jay

74K5Jay Registered Member

does the strange noise seem to be coming from the engine or suspension area?. do you have rear drum brakes? my truck makes a popping noise and clanking when im going slow i've determined it to be the rear drum brakes binding up and making that noise. could this be your possible problem?

4. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

I would check your wheel bearings, and if you have auto hubs these cuold be the problem too. Rear noise could be the brakes if someone else checked your u-joints I would check them yourself to make sure.

5. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

I'm sure this is not the case for you, but I had a "funny" neighbor tie a bell under my truck. Just removed it without ever telling him I had found it. Wheres your bell now funny boy!!!![​IMG]

http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com

6. FWP

FWP CRS

Hey Espen, there's a better way to get him back. Put one of those big 24" zip ties around his driveshaft, and leave the end sticking out- whackety whackety whack [​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=blue>Maverick</font color=blue> <font color=red>CH 4 or 35</font color=red>

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Or if he has hub caps put a pebble inside the hub cap! [​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]