Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

strange steering on 87 jimmy

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kumma, Nov 2, 2000.

1. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

Hello all, I've got a strange steering problem on my 87' Jimmy. i made a right hand turn and the truck keep going right when i straighten the wheel. further on down the road it was shimmying left and right. i stopped and checked the tie rods and everything seemed tight. the rest of the way home the truck was fine. what do you think could be causing this.
    thanks
    craig

2. Glenn

Glenn Registered Member

That happend to me to but only when I turned left. I never figured it out but I tell you waht, it scared me a little when it did it. It must be the stearing box. I am still driving it after 2 years though, it just stopped doing it or I stopped taking left hand turns the same way.:)

3. Glenn

Glenn Registered Member

Oh yeah and it was an 87 too. And I had the wandering tires that seemed to straighten out after awhile too. I have a whole new front end now but I bet it still does it and it is the steering box.