Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Strange Thump

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chockley, Jun 14, 2002.

1. chockley

chockley Newbie

I have a 1990 4x4 kblazer with a 350 and a 10 bolt rearend. I have no lift yet. On hard acceleration I get a thump in the rear when I let off the gas. I have checked my springs for cracks, changed U-joints, but I can't find the noise. The only time I can make it happen is when the truck is in motion. Does any body have any ideas is this normal for blazers. It sounds like sombody hit the bottom of my truck with a hammer whenever it happens.

Any help would be appreciated thanks
    chris

2. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Check your transfercase bolts x-member bolts and make sure they're tight.

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Also inspect your motor and tranny mounts to make sure they are tight and in good condition.

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

that sounds alot like motor/tranny/t-case mount to me. Just be sure not to pry on the pans when you're checking them cause you might end up with a slight leak /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. beachinblazer

beachinblazer Registered Member

It might also be something internal to your differential. One night i made a quick turn and hit a curb with one tire and blew out my spider gears (i think) and the posi wasn't doing too well either. Anytime i drove with it, it made a loud thump noise after accelerating.