Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Strange vibration problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Russ, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

I have a question that I am hoping will be an easy answer for someone. I am experiencing a weird vibration at about 50 MPH plus. It is a very high pitch vibration that I can feel throughout the whole Blazer (steering wheel, floor, doors, etc..) It lasts for about 1-2 seconds then stops for about 1-2 seconds then starts over again. The frequency seems to increase slightly as I speed up more. I have just recently started feeling the vibration, but have just recently replaced most of the drivetrain also, so I am not sure what to pin it on.
    The Blazer is a 90 model. I have an SM 465 tranny and 203/205 doubler that has been in it for a while. Just recently installed D60/14FF with detroits in both. Both axles are new. 6" front springs, rear shackle flip and 2" springs, all new. High Angle Driveline CV shaft in rear, new CV shaft in front. Angles are dead on. 37x13x16 Boggers with about 200 miles on them. I am hoping it is just a harmonic vibration from the Boggers, but I don't understand why it goes in and out. Any help is appreciated.
    Russ

2. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Check wheel bearings, a bearing will load up and then drop the load, it could be causing the intermittent vibrations!

Still a very pissed-off
    White Knight

3. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

Any other thoughts? I took the rear driveshaft out today and checked the U-Joints and everything is tight. Wheel bearings are good.
    Russ

4. Jersey

Jersey 1/2 ton status

may not help since you said you put a "new" 14ff in but the spiders in my crapola 10b have too much play and are causing vibration that i can feel between say 45-55mph. just thought i'd pass it along. good luck.

'91K5 - 350, 700R4, NP241, Flowmaster
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pages.zdnet.com/len1313/blazer>[/b]PICS[/b]</a>