Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

strange wipers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazeonchevy, Jul 14, 2006.

1. blazeonchevy

blazeonchevy 1/2 ton status

alright so i was working on my truck to make it street legal when the wipers messed up. first they came on and wouldent go off. then the went off but wouldent turn on for anything. then i put a different switch in.now they work but when i turn them off they cycle once then go right to the middle. they dont bother me much but its sortof annoying to be seeing a wiper blade right were you are looking all the time. oh and sometimes if im careful i can nudge the knob to the left and it will move them down a bit. but if i do it too much they cycle again and go to the middle. im not quite sure what could cause this.:confused: well any advice would be cool. thanks -sam-

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

There is a part on the motor (can't remember the name0 but it is what makes the wipers return once turned off. Might want to check with your local parts store and i'm sure they'll know what i'm talking about.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

the "park" switch...

There are some "points" under the plastic cover over the washer pump that often corrode,and cause the wipers not to "park" correctly...cleaning them might help...

I've had "ghost" wipers in my 79 C10 since I've owned it..every once in a while they do a "sweep" of the windsheild ,then park again!..it has "delay" wipers,I assume its the control module that is to blame..it does it mostly when I step on the brakes,sometimes for no reason at all--it can go for weeks without doing it!...since they work fine on "low" and "high" speed,I'm not touching them!..I cleaned the contacts,and I might try adding a ground wire to the motor body..but I'm doubtful that it'll help any..:crazy: