Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Street legal beadlock

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stump_puller, Aug 4, 2002.

1. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

I was wondering about street legal beadlocks for my truck. Was wondering who runs them and how they are?

Don

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

just ask chazz what he thinks of his from stockton wheel /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

<font color="purple">All beed locked wheels are street legal. Unless you live in an area that specifically created a law to bar them. </font color> <font color="brown"> The MYTH that they are not DOT legal is wrong. In order to be DOT APPROVED they must meet these standards....</font color><font color="orange"> 1. The manufacture's name. 2. Date of manufacture and 3. Load rating must be specified. As you can see by this Beadlock wheels must meet DOT specifications. The usage is regulated by the manufacturer.</font color><font color="grey">So as far as I have ever been able to find, they are street legal. I have disussed this with local cops, state troopers, inspection stations and two different local Judges that I know that are into cars.</font color> [​IMG]

4. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

So how are they on the street? Any bad vibrations?

5. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

<font color="purple">I don't run them yet, but have been in a few that do. Vibrations were not an issue that I can remember. </font color>