Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

street legal, yes or no?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by 55Willy, Jun 8, 2001.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Here's a question, I hope this gets me some replies. I have a 1955 Willy's I'm building( what a willy's? This is a blazer site) anyways I'm posting it here because it is on a blazer chassis and you people seem smart enough to care about all off road questions. So do I build it for off roading or please Johnny Law and go street legal. not really a big deal, I can easlier go either way, is it worth the extra money so I don't have to drag out a trailer everytime i want to go get dirty?

2. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

well for just being a old vehicle i would make it street legal.. you dont hardly see any of the old willy's anymore... so seeing on set up to go offroad goin down the road would be kinda kewl to see... but hey that is just my $.02

Prembird

If it aint loud then turn it up!

3. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I would set it up so you could drive it out to the trails and then kick every one's ass out on the trail and then drive it home. To me...that's just cool!

<font color=red>I'm a psychic amnesiac. I know in advance what I'm going to forget. </font color=red>

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the replies, Right now the vote is split half and half. All the off road people I have asked say make it streetible, I think everyone else is just scared to see it come up on them in the rear view, all they will see are tires, diff and my two tow hooks,LOL Oh well I'm doing the floor this week and hopfully it'll be on the frame shortly there after. I will post pix of it when It's more presentible to the public,LOL

5. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

I'd say make it road legal, Because I respect anybodys rig just that much more when they can and will drive it from place too place. And please post those pics soon we all love pics of just about anything here[​IMG].

[​IMG]Inline 6's are cool[​IMG]

6. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I say make it street legal that way you dont have to trailer it

and I thank you sould post your Question in the main forum nobody will give you [censored] for driveing something as Cool as an old Willy and hey it is part Blazer

F_ck the whales Save CK5!!!!!!!!!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/jwileywilliamson

7. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

well i guess it depends where you live....street legal for me means bumpers no higher than 28" off the ground and the tires cant stick out past the fenders...but to my friends who live one state over street legal means the headlights work and your antenna is at least 7 feet long.

but with a classic like that you can go crazy with the engine/tranny and be legal...i'd personally go with something streetable, cause i know if i had a truck that wasnt i'd be way too tempted to just let it sit there if i was just going down the street to the store...
    good luck
    adam H

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

9. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

LMAO!!! my first post.....
    memories.......

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Defently street leagle. Nothing like crusin' it after ya been wheeling. Plus it's so much fun too drive a real vechile through a sea of ricers. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

wow word butchering at it's best.. we still love ya Paul /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif