Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Street Racing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Feb 7, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Saw the promos for this new show on Discovery last night. Shoot me please. They have pros build "street racers" for some people to race against each other on the strip. I agree its a good idea to do it on the strip and not glorify street racing but don't then call it Street Racing!

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

They can't "legally" promote street racing. Awhile back, one of the evening news shows, 20/20, or primetime. I don't remember which, Ran a series on street racing. It turned out, One of the people they followed, was wanted for some warrant. Although it had nothing to do with street racing, they ALSO arrested the guy FOR street racing, Which, for him put him BACK in jail. He had no license and it was a paroll violation. He tried to sue the TV station for showing it. But it opened up a whole "politically correct" thing.

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

that was his dumbass fault for letting him self be seen on TV. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. boggerless

all these reality shows are getting stupid.wouldn't it be cool if they had one that regular joes bring thier junk(good or bad) to show what they built and how it worked or not? not people with thousands at thier disposal and FREEBIE. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I said they should do coverage of the Top Truck challenge with showing bits of how the guys built their rigs and stuff.

6. boggerless

that would be sweet,i'd love to see that stuff.people working with what they have. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

I agree with the thing of showing normal people like us who have to keep everything in a tight budget and no freebies get stuff done in our garages of all things.
    back yard mechanics rule

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

only thing is that if they did it, every tom dick and harry with a truck(4x4 or not) would put on a 3" body lift and think hes the offroading king. or people would do stupid stuff like front blocks and other such idiocy.

9. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

so true

10. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

i bet theyll be using alot of, NNNNAAAAAAWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSS!

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I just started watching this (it's on after monster house).

Those people are dorks!! I wonder if they do it because they really like "the rush", or if they do it so they can talk about it... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Got to like they ran 1/8 miles cause 15.9 1/4s wouldn't have been impressive.

13. lady bog

lady bog 1/2 ton status

Atleast you all don't have to live with it. They race down the busy street half my house is on /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

14. boggerless

hell, check out SUPER LIFTS ad, they have blocks front and rear. with longer shackles. thats not dated is it? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifi think it would be kinda funny if dorks tried to show off a rigged rig(pun intended). /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif