Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stress relieving off roading cancelled out by stressful mechanical problems

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Nov 21, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Yesterday, Saturday, I took the day to goof off with friends out at the ORV park, instead of working.

It was fun, and the Orange Blazer was actually running good after I fixed it's problems from the last time out.
    [​IMG]

So then today rolls around, Sunday. Unexpected things in the morning make me decide to forget things I need to do, and I go out to the ORV park again with some friends and others out there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Of course, just after adding two new gallons of antifreeze for winter, I blow my upper radiator hose. Get it back on shortnened. Then I throw a PS belt. Put it back on. Then I blow the rad hose again. Put it back on shorter. Then I throw both my PS belt and water pump/alternator belt. The PS belt gets lost. Then the rad hose pops off again, and I put it back on, and start driving home without power steering.

I unlock the hubs, and everything is visually tight and fine.

Then halfway home in town, all the lug nuts off the drivers front wheel fly off with no warning.
    [​IMG]

Stress level... back to where it was on Friday. Only now I'm a bit further behind schedule on work.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I haven't taken my rig anywhere in nearly three months...then I try, and my tow rig's tranny goes out.

Back to the drawing board.

3. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

i hear ya on the stress. i havent driven my burb in a long time due to tcase problems. finally get a chance to put in the new t case i got for free with the blazer and it leaks. now i have to replace the "new" cover with my old one. i also might be needing trans work again. im starting to feel tims pain with the auto transmitions.

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

man that would make anyone snap!!!

that sucks, hope you get you winterizing done!