Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stress Week

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, May 6, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

It's 11:40 p.m. Monday night. I have one page written of a 7-10 page paper due at 8:00 a.m. I have another 5-7 page paper due tomorrow at 1:00 pm, but I think I can turn that one in on Thursday.

I have a Business Plan to organize, rewrite, and present on Wednesday night.

On saturday I am holding a mud race, of which I am 90% prepared for, but I need to come up with money to have enough gas for two rigs. I recycled 106 lbs of aluminum cans and 620 lbs of scrap iron today for $46.90 which pays for gas in one vehicle. I have to pick up trophies and T-shirts assuming they are done and ready on time.

I am supposed to tow one rig up on Friday night on my 24' Car trailer which is currently a frame in my driveway, of which a friend and I are supposed to make usable by Friday.

I am supposed to tow the trailer with my Crew Cab which has two dangerousely worn tie rod ends and a leaking gasket under the exhaust choke heat riser plate on the intake I just put on it.

I'm supposed to help a friend change tires and put a body lift on his '72 Jimmy, find a car trailer to tow up another friend's '75 Blazer on Friday behind my Suburban, hand out flyers and pit passes to some friends, locate another timer for the races...

And if I survive through Saturday, I still won't have enough money or time to enter my own Mud Race.

Gee, I need to stop making long posts... now it's about 11:48, and I still have pages to write...

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Sound's to me like You have too many Iron's in the fire?
    Talk about stuff to do, whew! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

From your avatar, it looks like you need to upgrade your account too. THAT SHOULD BE #1 PRIORITY!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

You need sons.... Go make some...

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Learn to say no to your friends sometimes. Everyone wants to be the 'good guy', but when it infringes on your time to this extent you have to be honest with them and yourself. Either that or delegate some chores to friends and get them helping you out in return.

At any rate....good luck!!/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rene

6. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Surprisingly, I have said no to a bunch of friend's already. One friend has a '90 F-250 that wont stay running he wanted help with, another needs some leaks fixed on his Chevy truck, and my mom's friend wants some work done on a carport. But I've basicly said this week is full. I want to help with the body lift and finding the trailer cause I want to see them be able to come up to the race.

But now a couple of my friends that I was gonna have help out this weekend said they couldn't go. They were the ones I least expected to cancel. So now I have two less people trying to keep an eye on probably about 300 spectators and entrants.