Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stressing out, but over what?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 55Willy, Jan 23, 2004.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Clocking major hours this week. We have a co-worker wo is going through cancer treatment and not recouping too well. My dad just finished his last week of his Chemo for his lukemia. No working rig, just jumping to anything that anyone whats to hand me the keys too. Parents are wanting to kic me out of the house and I got a new job offer to move to Boise, make the same $$ plus commison, and weekends off and only 40 hours a week where as right now I'm clocking 55.

I'm gona go out to the shop and burn some metal and do some painting..stressing. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

-Jeremy

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

seems like you're stressing out over a lot of things.. just wondering, but how old are you?? i cant wait to move out of my moms house as soon as i can afford it.. which hopefully will be in a few months.. but im 19, and i want a house.. and the gf wants an apartment first for some reason..

having friends/family members going through life threatening health conditions takes its toll on a person, physically because you think about things that keep you up at night, and emotionally because you are thinking those things..

maybe that new job offer is what you need to relieve some stress, kind of change of scenery and surroundings.. might do ya some good.. just a thought! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'm almost 24. I was hoping to move out right after high school but lost my job and was out of work for almsot 2 years so I stayed ay home. been trying to get out of that debt ever since.

If i do go for the new job I nedto to find a spot for the wagon and all my other stuff and get my burb done, which is in the middle of a mild overhaul (exhuast, radiator, full floater, 3.73's and a nw 8" lift) was gonna paint it but no time or money right now.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You're not stressing out about my bumpers? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Shut up and go burn some metal. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

that too, I could probably write a 10 page report on [darn] thats on my mind and gets me stressing or spacing out over [darn].
    Anyhow.. i stopped off at the fridge on my way outside.. I didn't make it, I mixed a drink and I don't think ya want me welding on anything at this point,LOL thank god the boss gave me tomorrow morning off just to calm down.

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

and no this isn't gonna turn into a " luk ho dunk i is " post.

It's a what gets ya stressing and what do ya do to calm back down.

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

If you're anything like a lot of welders I know...a few drinks will smooth out your welds very nicely. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Try and take one issue at a time. Look at the issue individually and decide what you want to do about it and then move on to the next problem. Write it down...get some sleep.

When there are multiple things like that going on it tends to overwhelm you, which causes stress and eventually becomes this self feeding vicious cycle.

rene

8. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I write everything down, note pads and dry eraser boards. I make check listfor a daily routine. and yeah I lay awake at night just thinking.. so I listen to my headphones and I'm normaly out within 3 songs.

and I'v done some "couple drink welds" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Have kids. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Then remember how you were so stressed... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Just kidding, stress is relative...

If you think about it, what's stress doing for you? Worry making you come up with any good answers? I used to worry a lot cause I'd be afraid if I didn't, I'd forget the issue. Guess what? When I stopped worrying about it, I either didn't forget it, or I didn't need to remember it so much in the first place...

I guess drinkin helps, too...

10. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

24 and still living at home eh? I could understand that if you were still in school and going for a PHD or something. Why not just go ahead and take the job offer and worry about how your going to deal with getting your stuff moved later. I would be embarassed to be living with mommy and daddy at your age. Be a man and start taking care of yourself... As my one time girlfriend used to say,

Don't sweat the petty stuff,,,, pet the sweaty stuff.

11. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I dont know if this will help with your stress or add to it. But Bosie is a pretty nice city. Its one of my favorite citys to go to. If I had a good offer job offer there I would give it some serious consideration. There is a lot of oppertunity there. Lots to do around there too. Might be time to cut the old apron strings and seek your fortune.

12. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I would be embarassed to be living with mommy and daddy at your age.

[/ QUOTE ]
    WHy? I can name 5 or 6 people I see on a weekly basis that i went to school with that live at home.
    also what kinda apartment has room for 5 cars and two of them are too tall for covered parking? LMAO

Also the state reposrts say for the bare minimun to live on ones own is making $10 an hour.. I'm no where near that thanks to being stuck on salary for 55 hours a week.

[ QUOTE ]
    Be a man and start taking care of yourself...

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I'd tell ya to act your age, but you'd probably die.

13. landsmasher

[begin quote war] [ QUOTE ]
    what kinda apartment has room for 5 cars and two of them are too tall for covered parking? LMAO

[/ QUOTE ]

These are all what we in the adult world refer to as excuses. You will ALWAYS have a crap load of cars. Does that mean you're going to live at home for the rest of your life? Sell em, move em. If you can't afford to own, maintain and use them, get rid of them for now and start your collection over when you have property and money to do so.

[ QUOTE ]
    I can name 5 or 6 people I see on a weekly basis that i went to school with that live at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet you can! It's becoming a normality. Doesn't mean it's right. I know people who are 45 and older and doing the same thing. They have lots of excuses too. And doesn't it kinda suck to have to bring your GF to your parents house instead of your own place?

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd tell ya to act your age, but you'd probably die.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what older people do. Waste their breath on younger people.... [/quote war]

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I disagree with you. I live with my parents and I'm glad I do. No way I could wrench and have any fun if I didn't, as you just can't do that in an apartment.

On the girlfriend question, not really, I have my own space here and nobody bothers me.

I'm going to live with parents until I get enough money saved to buy a house. Every week I throw money into a seperate account for this very purpose. I can afford to live on my own, but I refuse to until I can own SOMETHING.

My parents don't disagree with me. Renting is a waste of money. I will simply build my credit by paying off my truck loan and paying my bills on time and having ZERO credit card debt from paying it off every month.

By the time I'm his age, I'll have my own house, and that will be great. Instead of wasting money on rent at this point in my life, I can save it for a house downpayment instead.

15. landsmasher

Sounds like a great plan. But you said your parents were ready to kick you out. That's what started my comments in the first place. The rest of it would stress me out too.

Sorry I don't see it your way on the living with your parents thing. Just not the way I was brought up. Things are different these days I guess. A lot of people don't seem to grow up untill about 30 or even older. And no matter what you think, you are not grown up untill you are out on your own and completely supporting yourself.

But good luck on the plan. I guess the economy is not as good as our leaders would have us think? Hmmmm.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Me and my mom don't get along so I can't live there. She lets me keep my projects there and work on them as long as it doesn't disrupt her too much thank God, otherwise they'd be sitting until I could get time to work on them.

Telling someone to give up their projects until a later date is really not the solution. I know that nothing could possibly make me sell my '60 front, or my truck that was the first vehicle I've ever owned or anything like that. It just can't happen. Postpone working on them maybe, but that's about the best that can be done on that subject.

I wish I could afford to live in my own house already at 20, but I just don't have the cash to put down right now or a steady enough job that pays enough to attempt it, or I sure as hell would try. I know people that are my age and married or have roomates do it, but if that goes sour you have no way to pay for it.

17. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

ya know what, ill be 26 when i get out of the marine corps. ill be living with my parents when i get out.
    the only diff is i have a house, im selling right now, ill have 18 montsh outside of this country, and it will only be to get back in to a normal life for 6 months or so.

jeremy is fine at his house. i think in the long run its better he is there anyway. weather his folks want to admit it. its good to have him around with the crap his pops is dealing with.

have i told him to take the job in boise? yup. but thats because he has lived in eugene all his life, and while i was home he could tell me a lot about almost every woman our age there. he needs a change.
    and to sell a few cars.
    Grant

18. landsmasher

This was about stressing out... I posted what I thought were the solutions to his stress. If he's OK with all of that, where's the stress coming from?

Don't answer... I've wasted enough time on this thread... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

19. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

souloutions for his stress huh... and degrading him.. yeah, that helps. ya know what, people like you should just be run over with a 44 inch bogger 2 or 3 times when you talk like that.

oh, and dont ever tell me what to do. it wont get you anywhere.
    Grant

20. landsmasher

Grant, you ignorant slut! I don't need to degrade anyone. Most children do that entirely on their own. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif